View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 03:26 PM   #27 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default *catches up* Been here all along! ;)
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Tina was determined to bring her A-game to quidditch practice and prove she belonged on the starting team! She approached the pitch, broom in hand. She had just enough time to say a quick “Hi” to everyone and give Professor Adara a polite nod of acknowledgement before the captains gave their instructions. Hmm… different kind of practice? Tina wasn’t sure what to think of that, but she’d hear them out before forming an opinion. Okay, so that explained the weights Bel was wearing. Tina supposed this wouldn’t be too terrible, as long as the weights didn’t slow her down too much. She didn’t want to make a fool of herself in front of all these people, thank you very much!

Tina picked up a set of weights and tied them to her ankles and wrists as tightly as she could without being uncomfortable. She didn’t want them coming undone or sliding off,especially not the ones on her wrists! She was a little ambivalent about the waist weight. She was a little worried it would slow her down too much, but she decided to give it a go anyway. If nothing else, trying the waist weight would make her look better, more enthusiastic, willing to challenge herself. Hopefully that would help her at next year’s tryouts! She wiggled her wrists and took a couple of steps to get used to the weights. Merlin, that felt awkward! Who would’ve guessed that the optional waist weight would be the one that took the least amount of getting used to?

Tina paced a couple of times then broke into a run, slower than her normal speed but a run nonetheless. Come on, Tina! Faster, she urged herself.She quickened her pace and… stumbled over one of her ankle weights. Luckily, she caught herself before she hit the ground. Nothing to see here, people! She’d just made a full lap around the pitch when the captains gave the next set of directions. Bats and bludgers? Yes, please! That was right up her alley… assuming the wrist weights didn’t slow her swing too much.

Tina picked up a bat and got in line to wait her turn. Hmm… might be a good idea to take a couple of practice swings first. Was she allowed to do that? As she watched the people ahead of her, she saw Nettie do just that, so she assumed so. When her turn came, Tina stepped up and swung the bat once, twice, three times to get a feel for how the weights would affect her swing. She was definitely going to need more power behind her swing, and the fastest way Tina knew to give herself more power was to get angry! Her eyes locked on the bludger coming toward her, and - WHACK! Bat and bludger made contact.

By now, Tina was getting used to the weights, but her heart sank a little when she heard the next set of instructions. Standing with the weights on was one thing, but flying with them on was quite another! What if they slowed her down too much? Or threw her balance off? Well, she supposed there was nothing to it but to do it! She mounted her broom and kicked off, taking care not to lean too far to one side or the other. As she sped toward the other end of the pitch, a bludger came barreling right at her. With some difficulty, she nudged her broom and swerved right, just in time. Whew. that was close!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...