View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 03:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
Goblinfrog

DIMC & MO
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lola A.
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emily L. Valentine
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Nick Moonston
Mischievous Niffler

Alice was aware that students were entering the classroom and that they (most of them) greeting her before sitting down. All of these greetings went unreturned. Not that she was rudely ignoring her students - it was just that meditating went down better without interruptions. That was not to say that your greetings went unappreciated. On the contrary, allowing your greetings to blend against one another in the background made the final round of meditating so much more pleasant than it would have been had there been no greetings.

Of course, by now most of the students would have gotten used to the professors meditating at the start of each lesson. And even though this state of mind allowed her to block out greetings, she had trained her mind to recognize questions by the raised intonation which usually accompanied them. So yes, she did hear Zoryn's question. It was the thing that finally made her open her eyes (slowly.) "Do not worry, Ms. Spinnet, I have no plans to move. These boxes are for today's lesson."

"Good morning, class," she said, finally returning the greetings of everyone who had spoken. Normally she would have said Namaste at this point, but her flow of thought was interrupted. Next time she would. "I am pleased that none of you tried to open the boxes." That actually did make her proud, though it wouldn't have been the end of the world if one or two boxes had been opened. "We will be opening them, but first I have some questions for you all to test your knowledge on today's subject. I would like to know what you know about Sasquatch. You may list any facet of knowledge which comes to mind. One at a time in an ORDERLY fashion, please. You may begin."

OOC: Woot! To be continued in 24 hours.