Thread: Courtyard
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 08:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
awakemysoul
Ravenclaw

DMAC & DoM
Gnome

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Benjamin "Benji" Park
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore "Bear" Ronstadt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Freyja Westergaard
Mysteries
(づ。◕ヮ◕。)づ ❤ cuddles please ❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erindipity View Post
Her smile widened when his own grin appeared. It was so weird how he made those butterflies start fluttering around with the slightest look, one word, a smile. Yep. Definitely the L word. Hehehe.

Before Penny took her place beside him on the bench she leaned and kissed him quickly. MAN. She had been wanting to do that for awhile now. Not that she didn't see him and get to chat often, but like.... this was their time. THEM time. It was magical.

"It was... boring, really. Study group and such. How was yours? Tell me everything." She could listen to him recite the periodic chart and never be bored. It was how she knew it was THAT. Now she scooted closer and slipped her hand in his.
Benji couldn't help but smile even bigger at Penny's kiss. He would never get used to that feeling. It was impossible. She was just so... Perfect. AND it was also perfect to have some time to themselves in between classes and study sessions and all the other things that go along with school.

He loosened his hand from hers in order to drape his arm over her shoulders instead. Closer was better. "Sorry it was boring," he said. "But boring is better than bad, right? Mine was... Long. And tiring." He stifled another yawn, trying not to let it out right in her face. "And yeah, boring is about right."

He shrugged. He'd much rather hear what Penny had to say than to talk himself, but he knew she meant it when she said she wanted to hear everything. "Got a letter from my mum today. It didn't say much of anything, just a generic check-in. Not like she actually cares. It would just make her look bad to her friends if she didn't go through the motions. I guess I'd better respond before bed tonight, but I don't have much to say to her either." Another shrug. He really didn't mind. He was used to his parents -- and Penny's affection more than made up for their coldness.

Maybe one day he would be brave enough to tell them about her. Like... Their wedding day. That would probably be a good time for them to know. Not sooner, though, probably. They would just ruin it. He did wonder if it bothered Penny that they didn't know. It wasn't anything about her at all. If his parents had been just about any other people in the whole world -- okay, except for maybe some of the more famous fascist dictators or something -- he would have been extremely proud to introduce her to them. She was amazing. The problem was definitely with them. So... He hoped she was still okay with it. She'd said she understood, but he felt insecure about hurting her feelings without meaning to. He would never want that.

(Wait, did he say wedding day?)