View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 01:32 PM   #89 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Tina had just completed her potion when the lesson moved on to the next activity. She put down her vial and listened closely to Professor Wishart's next set of instructions. Heal the dummies with dittany… she might've guessed. *Not much else the activity could be with this hospital-style setup. This should be no trouble for her! She was used to administering dittany; the kids of Chateau Croyance were always getting cuts and scrapes, especially the younger ones who seemed to think they were little daredevils.

She felt pretty confident until she heard who the dummies belonged to. Her heart gave an uncomfortable jolt at the sound of the headmaster's name. What if something unexpected happened and they were unable to fix the dummies with dittany? Would they get into trouble? What if a dummy got broken… or lost? It wouldn't surprise her, given the odd instances of things disappearing around the castle. The thought of being sent to the headmaster's office over something happening to the dummies had her internally panicking. Honestly, the man terrified her half the time, and the other half, he was just plain obnoxious!

Focus, Tina! she told herself sternly, willing her breathing to return to normal. If she kept panicking, she couldn't pay attention to Professor Wishart's directions… and lack of direction meant a greater chance of something bad happening. Okay… 3 drops essence of dittany and 1-2 leaves on the wounds, got it! She doubted she'd forget the dosage, but she made sure to copy it in her notes, just in case.

Work in pairs? Nope, that wasn't going to happen! Tina was a lone wolf. She didn't want her grade affected by anyone slowing her down! Gathering her notes, potion, and dittany leaves, she moved to the nearest available dummy. Her eyes surveyed the dummy up and down; she didn't even flinch at the sight of the injuries. There were worse things in life than a few flesh wounds!

Wasting no time, Tina started with the cuts on the dummy's left arm. She gently tipped her vial over the nearest wound, carefully administering 1… 2… 3 drops of potion to the nearest wound. The cut was already shrinking. and she hadn't even applied any leaves yet! She placed a dittany leaf over the area and examined it again a few seconds later. The cut was gone, leaving only a scar behind. Hmm… Tina wondered if applying the second leaf would minimize the scarring. *She decided to give it a try, and sure enough, the scar vanished!

Tina continued treating the wounds on the dummy's left side until all that remained was a small cut on its left ear… so small that at first she didn't even know it was there. After three drops of potion were applied, it was practically invisible, but Tina was nothing if not thorough. The directions specifically said 3 drops essence of dittany and 1-2 leaves, so that's what she was going to do, even if she personally didn't think both steps were necessary.

After she finished that, Tina moved so she could get a better look at the dummy's right side, and what she saw made her gasp and nearly her drop her supplies in shock - an extremely rare outward display of emotion for this Ravenclaw! Four long cuts, impossible to see from the angle where was standing before, marked the right side of the dummy's face. Just like… No no no, she couldn't let herself think about that now! She tried to block out the thought, but her anger was already rising. That injury had better be a coincidence! If it was someone's idea of a joke… well, to put it mildly, *it wasn't funny.

Tina decided now would be a good time to start jotting down her findings so far… give herself a chance to calm down. She could come back to the facial wounds if she had time, and if not, she hoped Professor Wishart wouldn't knock too many points off her grade for not finishing. With a shaking hand. she wrote in her notes:

Text Cut: Tina's findings
Name: Tina Dantes
Year: 5th
House: Ravenclaw

Question 1: How did the dittany effect the wounds and cuts?

The essence of dittany greatly reduced the size of the wound and, in the case of the smallest cut, essence of dittany alone was enough to make it disappear. Adding the 1-2 dittany leaves healed up the rest of the cuts and helped to minimize scarring.

Question 2: Did you have any issues with administering the dittany to the cuts and wounds?

None so far, though the cuts on the right side of the dummy's face could be problematic when I get around to them. They appear deeper than the other wounds. I think healing those will take more than 3 drops essence of dittany & 1-2 dittany leaves but am unsure how to approach it. Do I repeat the process of alternating essence of dittany and dittany leaves or add more of one thing?

Question 3: Do you thinking swallowing dittany leaves raw would have had a stronger effect on the healing of the wounds and cuts?

Maybe for the facial injuries? I don't know for sure because I haven't had a chance to treat them and see how the topical dittany application will react. Otherwise, no. All other cuts and wounds were small and shallow enough that the combination essence of dittany and dittany leaves healed them effectively.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...