View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 10:00 AM   #88 (permalink)
Waterloo

Occamy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cora Dredworth
Sixth Year

x1
connoisseur of comfort ❅ Crayola's Wibby Mrs Alex Turner ❅ Netflix and meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
Hanna gave a very small nod as Max vanished the contents of his cauldron. She figured it was a Herbology lesson, perhaps it wouldn't be needed. As soon as it vanished, the smell did too, and she was quite thankful for that.

Hanna had a think, surveying the dummy. There were plenty of shallow wounds and small cuts. "Hmm... I think something like he was chasing a cat up a tree. He loved the cat so much he didn't see what the tree was, but the cat didn't quite love him the same way." She pointed to the scratches on the dummy's face. "I think the cat took a swipe at him here, and perhaps he lost his balance. And then he realised... 'Uh ohh I'm in a cacti forest.' and down he went, falling through the cacti branches sustaining all of these injuries." She shook her head sympathetically and peeled the leaves off the cut she had dropped her potion onto.

She looked back at his face and thought for a moment. "Oh, Donald." She nodded. "Definitely a Donald," and let out a little laugh.

She saw that the redness of the cut, and the openness had vanished, leaving a small white line indicating a very faint scar. "This isn't bad, this potion! I reckon it would be dead useful in Quidditch." Specifically if anyone fell off their brooms.
See? Her story had already made this whole task waaaaay more fun. And really, Herbology needed all the spicing up it could get because plants were boring. "Sounds like he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, wow. Poor Donald."

He messily dabbed some more potion on the wound he was dealing with on his side and adopted his best Head Healer in charge voice. "Looks like we've got ourselves a very bad case of pins and needles on our hands here, Healer Newton." Hah, get it? Pins? Needles? Cacti? HE thought it was funny, at least.

Figuring he'd doused the cut in quite enough dittany, Max covered it with a couple of leaves and quickly scribbled some stuff on his parchment.

Quote:
Name & Year: Max Carden, 7th year
House: Slytherin

Question 1: How did the dittany effect the wounds and cuts?
It fixed it.

Question 2: Did you have any issues with administering the dittany to the cuts and wounds?
Nope.

Question 3: Do you thinking swallowing dittany leaves raw would have had a stronger effect on the healing of the wounds and cuts?
I don't know, but I bet they'd taste gross.

_____________Take part in our Higgledy Piggledy House Cup!