View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 01:03 PM   #53 (permalink)
Dokimoto

DoM & AC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Addison Ayers
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sam Forrester
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Clarke
Accidents & Catastrophes

Jackson nodded as Professor Flamel introduced the activity to them. Yes yes, this made sense after all of the responses about ice and fire. The concept of runes had always been fascinating to Jackson, it was just the execution that was sometimes faulty… Jackson kept his eyes on the professor as he demonstrated, and could see the concentration. When it was their time to give it a go, Jackson cleared his throat and checked his runes. Kenaz was in fact in his right hand, so it was time to start chanting. "Kenaz kenaz kenaz, ku ka ki ke ko, kun kan kin ken kon, ok ek ik ak uk, kaun!" To no one’s disbelief, nothing happened. Admittedly, he was more trying to make sure he got the chanting correct. He repeated himself again and again until he finally memorized the chant. “Kenaz kenaz kenaz, ku ka ki ke ko, kun kan kin ken kon, ok ek ik ak uk, kaunnnnn… Kenaz kenaz kenaz, ku ka ki ke ko, kun kan kin ken kon, ok ek ik ak uk, kaunnnnnnn!” It took many (MANY) tries, but eventually, Jackson started seeing the glow from the rune seemingly increase and then he validated it about a chorus later when the candle finally grew brighter. A smile crept onto his face, and Jackson continued to chant, doing his best not to break the focus level. “Kenaz kenaz kenaz, ku ka ki ke ko, kun kan kin ken kon, ok ek ik ak uk, kaunnnnnnnnnnnn…”

Thank Merlin. And now that THAT was done it was time to… oh, yes, that’s right. Jackson put the Isa stone in his right hand and began the process again. "Isa isa isa, i i i i i i i i i, i i i i i i s s s s s s, s s s s s s i i i i i i, i i i i i i i i i… Isa isa isa, i i i i i i i i i, i i i i i i s s s s s s, s s s s s s i i i i i i, i i i i i i i i i…” and on and on he went. He was getting pretty good at holding his focus, only breaking it once because of an itch on his neck that wouldn't go away on its own. Finally, his Isa rune began to glow as well, and Jackson couldn't help but smile as he saw the flame diminishing. Thank Merlin...