View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 10:16 AM   #52 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Joining Team Isa (and she's not happy about it xD)
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Tina took a few deep breaths, hoping it would be enough to calm her, but it didn't help much. She was still frustrated with her inability to invoke Isa! The longer it took her to get it right, the more angry she became, and the angrier she got, the harder it was to concentrate on the rune. It was a vicious cycle. She turned the stone over in her hand, lost in her thoughts. She supposed she should try Isa again before she got into trouble...

Tina held her stone, but before she could recite the galdr, Flamel was moving on to the next activity. She inwardly groaned. Great, teamwork... just what she needed. What was it with the Hogwarts professors and group assignments? Was that a job requirement or something? Why couldn't they leave that buddy-buddy stuff on the quidditch pitch where it belonged?

Tina's eyes darted from one team to the other. Which should she join? Hmm... a rune she knew she could invoke (Kenaz) vs. one she struggled with (Isa). It was a no-brainer! The only thing worse than making mistakes was making mistakes with other people watching. She started to join the Kenaz team, but as she looked back, she saw the Isa team was woefully outnumbered. Just perfect. She didn't know what to do! Join Isa and look foolish when she couldn't invoke the rune or join Kenaz and risk getting in trouble for throwing the teams off balance?

With a very strong reluctance, Tina joined the Isa team. She clutched her Isa stone as she waited to start. Blink, blink. Wait, did he say "winner"? Was this a competition now? Her heart sank. What if her "team" lost because of her inability to invoke Isa and everyone got angry at her? The thought already had her panicking so much, she almost missed Flamel's call to start Scrambling to react, she double- no, triple checked the galdr for Isa and set her sights on the nearest candle. "Isa isa isa, i i i i i i i i i, i i i i i i s s s s s s, s s s s s s i i i i i i, i i i i i i i i i," she chanted, hoping against hope that it would work.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...