View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 05:44 AM   #23 (permalink)
pundantic

MO
Moke

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gideon Emerson
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ferris Karten

x4
Who Am I? Ern's 2460FUN

SPOILER!!: Ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Not Ray? It took Ramiel a good twenty seconds to catch on. The shopkeeper was Ray. He was not. Not rocket science but also not expected.

"Uh.. Ram. I'm Ram." She was high energy wasn't she? He shot a little look at the shopkeeper and wondered if he should continue or not. Would that be rude? Probably not. Well. He looked at the man he now knew was called Ray. "I actually wanted to see about opening an account with you. I'm a new neighbour. Sort of. Not exactly. Down the other end. Ollivanders, you know it?" Of course he knew it. Who didn't know Ollivanders? "I work there. And I live there. That's the.. neighbour bit. Its literal. But uh... an account. Not for me, I mean for me, but on Ollivanders' behalf." So that would be.... good.

Uh huh. Sure.

Della wasn't suggesting anything, but Ram sounded suspiciously close to Ray. As if "Ram" had fumbled for some kind of fake name, heard Ray, and riffed. And she wasn't saying it was a fake name, BUT if it was, it was a miserable failure. Della could not help but think it was the kind of name girls gave nosy boys at parties when they wanted to be left alone.

Still, she didn't let her suspicions dampen her smile, "I'm Della." And then, just as quickly as she interjected on their conversation, she was gone. Della had come to grab some invisible ink and, Merlin, that was what she was going to do.

With her purchase in hand, she went back to the front of the store just to overhear the last nugget of fake-Ray's conversation. Ollivander's. He worked at Ollivander's. Her broken wand felt heavy in her pocket.

She bit her tongue, for only a moment, before interrupting, again, "I'm so sorry, Not-Ray, but did you say you worked at Ollivander's?"