Thread: Pathways
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 01:13 AM   #14 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
Caolan pulled his jacket around himself tighter as a cold wind blew through the valley that Hogwarts sat in. Scotland was cold, not much colder than home but it seemed to make all the difference and it wasn’t even technically winter quite yet. Still he loved being outside and no amount of cold weather was going to keep him cooped up in the Common Room for a second day running. It was nice in there but this was the view that he was growing to love.

The guy joined him and he leaned back on the bench to admire the view. Caolan clearly wasn’t as observant as the other boy. Whilst on a run he concentrated on himself and the ground in front of him, take his eye off the ball and he’d probably trip up. “I found it difficult to get out of bed this morning too” he chuckled. Mostly because his bed was warm and inviting and despite how much he actually enjoyed exercise he really wasn’t in the mood this morning. “Managed to drag my butt out eventually though.” Hence why he was now there.

There it was..

It was pretty much the first thing anyone mentioned when they spoke to him. He was the new kid and he’d probably keep that title until the next ‘new’ kid came about. “Its my first year here” he wrinkled his nose slightly. But he probably knew that already and everything. “Caolan” he stated simply with a nod.
Gunnar was finally starting to catch his breath and he let the other boy talk while he sat by quietly and took a few more sips of his water. This was just what he needed on this brisk autumn day. It was invigorating.

It was good to know that the other boy actually was the person he passed as he ran, otherwise that might be slightly embarrassing. And it was good to know another runner. He had a few running buddies, but it might not hurt to know another. "That seems to be the way, especially when it gets cold," he added with a light laugh. "Are you a regular runner?"

Right. He thought so. Gunnar wasn't always observant, but he didn't ever remember seeing who he now knew to be called Caolan in the past few years he had been at this school. So new would make the most sense. He didn't miss the nose wrinkle though, and he wondered what that implied. "Yeah? Where'd you come from?" Seemed like they had a handful of transfers every year. "Liking it here so far?"

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line