Thread: Wooden Bridge
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 01:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
hermionesclone
Gladrags Mod

DMC & DMAC
Pogrebin

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexander River Hirsch
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
--

Ministry RPG Name:
Zhuó Xiá Li

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes

x11 x11
urine trouble | Pat's Strong Confident Other Half | Pees Like a Champion Unicorn Racehorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Moose View Post
Oh oh! It's Lucas. Mark smiled toward the Gryffindor who seemed to be trekking over the bridge carefully, it seemed pretty un-Lion like, but it worked for being Lucas. Mark had learned that about Lucas. Through some observations last term.

He chuckled a bit at Lucas' comment about bringing chess pieces on the bridge. "It's too windy to place on the bridge." The bridge was in the middle of a small valley that dipped down. There was a lot of windy moments right here. So he would surely loose many of the chess pieces if he played here. As opposed to say in the Arcade Room. "Have you gotten any better since I last played you?" Mark wasn't sure Lucas was one to keep playing chess after playing against him the one time. Especially since Joe was major distraction during their game.
Oh hey, will you look at that? He'd made someone LAUGH.

It probably wasn't a big deal but it was huge for this lion's ego.

Lucas tried his hardest not to beam, especially since Mark was talking about the bridge and how windy it was and, well, why it was a bad place to play chess up here. Instead, he chose to look over at the surroundings...... and then down at the bottom of the valley. Why? Just because. But he kind of wished he didn't because, uh, it wasn't doing his worries about the bridge any favours. Nope nope nope.

"Yeah......" he started, looking back up again, "They might find a new home right down there." At this, he pointed aaaaaaall the way down to where the bottom of the valley was. "But what if it wasn't windy? Would you take the risk?" He didn't really know why he was asking this but curiosity had gotten the better of him. And they were friends, right? So weird questions were normal.

He hoped.

At his question, a sheepish look crossed the boy's face and he scratched the back of his head. "Uh, well...... no?? I don't think I'm very good at Wizard's Chess." Or normal chess. Any chess. All chess. "It's a little confusing to me but I'm still starting." A beginner. That's what he was.

He was very conveniently trying to forget who else was there the last time they played. For embarrassment reasons.