Thread: Wooden Bridge
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 02:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Uncle Moose
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lazlo Pitt
Gryffindor
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Paige Hall
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Janus "Jeq" Quimby
Ecological Protection
x7 x8
Mom says I have no sense of direction, so I packed my bags and right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionesclone View Post
There was a time when Lucas Dakest was worried about going on the Wooden Bridge. Not scared, worried.

But this was an older Lucas Dakest and he knew better. There were no shufflings or tentative steps or..... or..... any of it. He did pause at the edge of the bridge, yes, and he didn't like the way it swayed so much but..... that wasn't going to stop him. Taking a deep breath, he started walking. Properly.

Was anyone seeing this? Because this was HUGE.

But there was no one else here. No one, apart from that one boy over there who looked........ familiar?

Curious, the second year found himself walking closer and closer to the boy to see who it was. And if it wasn't anyone he knew then, well, he could run. All that running the previous year had to count for something right? And it wouldn't be awkward he hoped because they won't even know him or remember his face or any of it.

But as he neared the boy, it looked like he didn't have to worry about that. The curious look was replaced with a smile and he found himself almost skipping the last few steps. "Surprised you didn't bring your chess pieces out here," he said, coming to a stop right next to the Ravenclaw. Hello.
Oh oh! It's Lucas. Mark smiled toward the Gryffindor who seemed to be trekking over the bridge carefully, it seemed pretty un-Lion like, but it worked for being Lucas. Mark had learned that about Lucas. Through some observations last term.

He chuckled a bit at Lucas' comment about bringing chess pieces on the bridge. "It's too windy to place on the bridge." The bridge was in the middle of a small valley that dipped down. There was a lot of windy moments right here. So he would surely loose many of the chess pieces if he played here. As opposed to say in the Arcade Room. "Have you gotten any better since I last played you?" Mark wasn't sure Lucas was one to keep playing chess after playing against him the one time. Especially since Joe was major distraction during their game.