Thread: Courtyard
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 02:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
First Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Text Cut: GD2204
Quote:
Originally Posted by GD2204 View Post
Ewan couldn’t help but innocently smile at her first response. He didn’t really mean it as some type of…uh…insult? No. He’d never insult a stranger for no reason. I guess not expecting to see someone does that to you. Not with an accent anyway. People like that were waaaaaay to interesting not to get along with. “So where are you from? You don’t quite sound like you’re from around here” a friendly smile appearing across his face now in an attempt to show her that he could in fact be friendly when he wasn’t tripping over objects. Besides, he himself had an accent, being from Wales, so she couldn’t find that insulting. Right?

Aha, so she was here for the peace and quiet and he’d just bulldozed right through it “sorry about that, I wasn’t really expecting anyone to be here. That’s kind of why I run through” his mind wandering to all of the facial expressions and heavy breathing he does when he’s running. He hoped to God she hadn’t seen one of them. “You know, if you want to be alone, there are plenty of better places to be?” one room in particular came to mind that sat across from a tapestry.

With a slightly relieved expression, he jumped on the opportunity to put this behind him. Waaaaaaaaaay behind him. Like back in London behind him. “Yes! Can we please forget I almost took you out?” a sheepish look on his face as he ran his hand through his hair. Brushing the dirt off of his shorts, he briefly examined his legs, searching for the exact spot that was giving him a little jip. “Huh” was the only word that left his mouth as a red splotch covered his right leg. I guess jogging was off the menu until he could get to the hospital wing. Moving his right leg behind his left, somewhat inconspicuously, he replied "Hi Torii, it's nice to almost wipe you out".

...and there was the question. The one that snuck up on her every once in a while and reminded her that she was far away from home. Would she ever get to see home again? Would she ever even see America again? This was all still so unfair! "America," she answered. "I'm from West Lake Tahoe, California." She managed a smile at the very mention of her home. "I've been at Ilvermorny for my first three years of magical schooling." Her wonderful school that she missed so very much.

She had to give a light laugh at his next comment. "It's okay. Now that I know you're okay, I have to admit that it was kind of funny," she said, hoping he didn't find offense in that. "Oh?" she asked, when the conversation changed to a place he was thinking of where a person could just be alone. "Where at?" And was he giving away his secret place? It wouldn't be very secretive if she started going there, too. She was curious about this place, though.

She did notice the way he looked down at his leg. "Look, if you need to get back to jogging, go right on ahead. I've got some peace and quiet to get to anyway," she said with another laugh. He didn't look like he needed help, so she was pretty sure he didn't need her to stick around.