View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 09:31 PM   #32 (permalink)
Lottiepot

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

SPOILER!!: Bambi <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post

"As if you have to ask," Bambi said gently, smiling at Layla in that way she does when her wife doubts her influence in Bambi's life. If not for Layla... well. Who knows where she would be now. Ariadne would not exist, that's for sure. What a horrible world it would have been.

She laughed a little at the idea that Quigley could hate kids. He doesn't seem to be able to muster up enough emotion to hate much of anything, but in any case she's pretty sure that's not the case. "I think he has a family of his own.. and I promise I'll keep an eye on her the entire time!" And that's the complete truth, not because she's worried about baby Ari messing up her desk, but because it is the Department of Accidents and Catastrophes and Bambi would like to prevent any... accidents OR catastrophes wherever her daughter was concerned.

She nodded but didn't elaborate any further on the dismissal. She wasn't surprised or disappointed, rather she preferred to think that if Layla would one day decide to surprise her with a yes, she'd be over the moon.

If there was one person who had complete influence over Layla it was Bambi. They had been married a few years now but every time that she smiled at her, Layla’s heart still fluttered and her stomach did the butterfly thing. It was pretty ridiculous that someone had tamed the grumpy, reluctant witch and turned her into somewhat of a sap. A sap with a CHILD. The same woman that vowed that she would never have children because quite frankly she didn’t like them all that much. “Its not like I had the most stable life either.” Layla had a few jobs after she left school as she had no idea what she wanted to do and absolutely no ambition. She settled for being a PE teacher because she loved sport and she thought she would be kinda good at it minus the whole kid thing. But seeing Bambi do well, seeing her be so happy in her new job was sort of persuading her that perhaps it was now her time to find a job that she would love.

And despite her reluctance of being in the Wizarding world there was something in her persuading her to follow Bambi into the ministry. Whether she’d pursue this thought was another matter but it was there in the back of his mind. She didn’t want to speak about it yet in case she decided against it, she didn’t want to get Bambi’s hopes up and crush them by backing out.

Layla trusted that Ariadne would be perfectly fine under Bambi‘ watchful eye, that wasn’t the issue. It was more that in a department called accident and catastrophe’s it was more likely that the child would CAUSE an accident by playing with something that she definitely shouldn’t. “I know, you’re a much better parent than me.” Not that Layla was a bad parent at all, she just wasn’t a natural at it like Bambi was. “Do they have a daycare at the Ministry?” Just in case, y’know?

“Do you want to go get a drink and something to eat somewhere?” All that working must have made Bambi hungry right? And Layla could really do with a coffee in her system right now.