View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 02:08 PM   #96 (permalink)
Kolyander

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

SPOILER!!: Isla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphora View Post
Standing close to her older cousin, ”I tried my best to sleep. I don’t want to be late for class. They ruined pumpkin juice for me.” Whoever those pranksters were...she wished karma would get them back in time. Last night fiasco wasn’t very niceeee. Thanks to them, she had stayed away from pumpkin juice this morning... atleast from the time being. Isla would hate to lose a friend because of some boy she didn’t even like. She didn’t even know if she like boys yet!

Returning back to the professor’s question, she listened to the others answers with great interest. She wondered what Hinkypunks were? The name sounded so cool in her ears. Isla raised her hand. ”You might be stuck for hours? Oh and you still have to watch out for potential wild predators like wolves or coyotes. They like to forage near the bogs for an easy meal.” Of course she was familiar with the topic. She has been living in Scotland all her life, there will always be rough terrains, wet mossy grounds and man-eating bogs around. She had learn to stay clear of them at a very young age.

Rylee wrapped an arm around her shoulders giving her a gentle squeeze. "It takes some getting used to but I'm always up early. If you're worried about oversleeping I can stop by your dorm and knock on the door for you." There was no harm in checking in on her cousin and her dorm mates as well. "Mm... I uh... yeah... pumpkin juice isn't high up on my list anymore either..." And she would much rather not speak of things that happened last night. Even though the situation was mostly taken care of it still made her stomach do flips.

SPOILER!!: Headmaster Trent!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post

With the last reply covered, the Headmaster looked to the elf again. The untrustworthy elf. The elf who lost THREE shopping lists and was no longer allowed to do more than one task at a time. It meant seeing a lot more of the elf but Circe knew it was the only way to make sure he actually GOT things done.

"No, Toddles is not done." He replied firmly, still sore the elf had spent the Hogwarts funds on three separate occasions and could not fully account for them. "I'll check the armour gallery later but I'd like you to get on the owlery with Nimma and Algamus."

He looked to the class again. "Moving on!" No need to keep standing around here. This wasn't where they needed to be. "Everyone, follow me. Watch your step, don't dilly dally, we've got places to be. I'm sure it hasn't escaped any of you that I'm the only one currently in possession of any form of light. Keep your wands in their holsters, reholster them if you've drawn them. I don't want to see a single illumination charm cast. That entirely defeats the purpose of this little exercise." The light was bright enough that it travelled some distance. Even if they couldn't see him, they could still very much see him.

"Follow not only the light, but the sound of my voice." Were they clear? "When I've stopped talking, it will be especially important to pay attention to this light, my light."

With that, the man began to move through the bog. The immediate area had bushes, low hanging branches, muddy soil and the occasional over grown root. So long as they were cautious, they would be fine. "Quick recap while we walk." He said, carefully moving through the terrain. It was very important that they followed his instructions because he'd turned his back to them in order to see the path ahead. "Plenty of dangers in bogs. Magical creatures. Magical plants. Regular, predatory creatures. Bugs. The terrain itself. There were quite a few suggestions...and a few consequences. That being said, I'd like to discourage everyone from tripping and breaking your neck. Similarly, I wouldn't recommend falling onto a jagged rock. If you don't die, it doesn't break the rules but....still painful and you'll miss the fun stuff." He covered a few of the answers touched on while he walked, occasionally pausing to ensure they were still going the right way--inconvenient for anyone walking too close to him.

"A few of you mentioned hinkypunks, and in case it isn't by this point obvious that they'll be the focus of this lesson, they are. That said, what do you know about hinkypunks? Or, you can tell me what actions you would take if you found yourself travelling through an area like this with several lanterns leading off in different directions." They could answer both if they wanted to, but he'd appreciate them answering even one.

OOC: Aaaand we're moving. Right now your students should be moving with Malachi through the bog, doing nothing but following his lantern. He's asked two questions, they can answer both or just one--or neither he may not know This lesson will move on again in about 24 - 28 hours from the point of this post <3

Rylee nodded only slightly in response to the Headmaster though there was a small sense of happiness coursing through her that she had been correct. And they were moving on!

"Isla keep close, yeah?" she whispered to the younger lioness. It wasn't that she didn't trust her cousin, it was simply knowing her knowing how lessons like this went. With Isla being a firstie and never casting any charms yet, Rylee was going to be keeping as close an on eye her as possible. Along with several others that she was used to keeping an eye on for various reasons. "Be careful."

Each step was taken carefully and with as much preciseness as she could manage. The goal was indeed not to trip, break her neck and die or fall on a jagged rock and miss out on a fun lesson as the Headmaster so kindly put it. Which truthfully had the ginger lioness smirking to herself.

"When hit with the Lumos Duo Charm they solidify and become blinded by the light so you can defend yourself against them quickly," she answered raising a hand into the air. And hopefully whatever defense used against them was done properly and effectively at that.

You are Bread!