View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 05:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
Erindipity

DMT
Mountain Troll

x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post

"I'm good, thanks. I had a great summer albeit a very busy one. I hope you had a good one."
Daisy replied. There seemed to be something going on at the Ravenclaw table. Hopefully, whatever it was, it would not cause trouble. She needed that, not.
Penny smiled and nodded as Daisy spoke. It was the polite thing to do, wasn't it? Not that she didn't care for Daisy... she was very sweet. It was that she did not care for small talk. Or large groups of people. Or sitting at this table and having to pretend like her armpits weren't sweating from the stress of it all.

HAHA. Life was great.

"It was... yeah... was good." Awko-taco.

SPOILER!!: Benjiii
Quote:
Originally Posted by awakemysoul View Post

Benji knew that he was supposed to be at the Ravenclaw table and all that, but what could one little teeny tiny pit stop at the Hufflepuff table hurt? After all, it's not like Scrimgeour was there watching and waiting to punish him or anything. (Thank Merlin.)

And yeah, yeah, okay, so he had just seen Penny on the train a little while ago. HE KNEW THAT, OKAY. Buuuuuut he wanted to make sure she was feeling settled and not overwhelmed. Readjusting to the big crowd from the solitude of his own home was always difficult for him, and he knew she was likely feeling the same way. There sure were a looooot of people in here, and he knew she was probably worrying herself over things like making small talk. (And yeah, okay, he just really wanted to see her. He liked her. Sue him.)

The newly-minted fourth-year spotted his girlfriend quickly and made a beeline toward her. He didn't sit down -- he knew the speeches and whatnot would begin soon, so he would need to be ready to get back to his own table in a few minutes -- but he did appear over her left shoulder with a soft, "Hey," touching her lightly on the arm with a smile. "Just wanted to make sure everything's gone alright. You know. Since the train and all that. Feeling... Settled?" He spoke quietly, just for her to hear, not wanting to draw undue attention to her. He figured she wouldn't want everyone looking at her, after all. Neither did he; frankly, the idea alone of everyone's eyes on him made him a little flustered.

Anyway... Did his sort of coded question make sense? Would she know that he was meaning to ask if she was okay? Or was this finally going to be the moment where she realized he was an idiot loser and dumped him publicly? (He was still waiting for that to happen. One of these days, she was going to notice that she was way out of his league. He was sure of it.) He brushed his hair out of his eyes and smiled at her, butterflies making an appearance in his stomach as he hoped against hope that she hadn't changed her mind about him since they'd seen each other a little while ago.

WHAT A RELIEF!

Not that she didn't start a bit when his hand touched her shoulder, ya know... but at the sound of his voice she felt some of the tension go out of her shoulders. Just a little, though. Benji Park often had a rather calmin effect on her, as it were.

And at his words a small, sweet smile touched her lips. The Hufflepuff then turned in her seat so she could see him properly. "Yeah. M'alright. Just not... wanting to make small talk," she said quietly. As he surely knew... "But I dun wanna be rude, ya know. It's... stressful." Which he also would know how she felt about that. Reaching out, she took his hand and gave it a quick squeeze, grateful for his coming by to check on her.

"Meet me after the feast?" she asked in a whisper.