View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 08:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
TeafortheSoul
Formerly: Tegz
Dark Force Defense League

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post
When the goblin arrived, Evie watched him. He was a curious little fellow. Of course, lots of beings in Knockturn alley were curious. But he was sort of amusing to her. Always grumpy. Always in a hurry. Not like his shop was swarming with people. Amused as ever, Evangeline watched Korpsit hand Angelo the package and then return to his business without a glance. Not really unusual, though. But at least they were done waiting and they could go on about their business. Which was... cat food.

Just as she turned her attention back to Angelo, she felt him place the box on her knee. And when she looked at it and tried to imagine why they waited so long for such a small little box, she almost didn't process the words he spoke about getting down on one knee.

.... Oh. That's why the box was small.

Heart jumping, Evie nearly leapt from Angelo's knee (um, hopefully he was still holding onto that box) and took a step backward, surprise written across her face.

It took a moment, but words finally registered and left her mouth. "You are not proposing to me in Knockturn Alley." It was partially a question, partially a statement of disbelief and she was struggling to keep back the tugging at her lips that was threatening to either turn in to a grin or a full-blown cry. Time would tell.

He kept hold of the small box, grasped between finger and thumb as she leaped up and Angelo was unable to keep the grin off his face, slightly crooked tooth on display. She'd known it was coming, and he'd wanted the moment itself to be a surprise and not a repeat of someone else's heard-it-before story.

"Actually, that's exactly what I'm doing." And since she was up, he slid off the dumpy couch onto one knee.

Might as well do it right.

"It was here I first saw you, Evangeline. This place, this hovel of a shop, is where my whole life changed in one moment, just because a pretty, intelligent, curious girl, decided to be a little bold and explore Knockturn Alley.

I could have taken you anywhere in the world to ask this question, to any dazzling place, somewhere luxurious, classy, elegant - these are things that you know by now are the norm in my life, in my family. I take them for granted sometimes,"
He admitted, "But you make me see the whole world with fresh eyes. You are resplendent in any setting." Like a flawless diamond for instance, set in a ring. He didn't say that part, but Angelo did open the ring box to reveal exactly that. A veritable rock. Oval cut, platinum.

"I will gladly kneel in the dirt for you, Evangeline. I would give it all up for you." Though there was no chance he'd be presenting her with a ring like this one if he'd only had his Auror paycheck to go from. There were undeniable perks being from money, to being Angelo Toussaint. Still, the sentiment was true. Even with how important his family was to him, he truly would give it all up for her. And being here, kneeling on a rickety, dirty floor, under eerie green lights, he hoped she would understand that, that she'd feel it in the way he looked at her now, that as long as he was with her, any place was perfect, because she was beautiful and she changed everything for him.

"Evangeline Shacklebolt, will you take my name and all that comes with it? Will you marry me?"

love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you