Thread: Mysteries: Entry Chamber
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 06:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
[…]"Do stuff usually blow up in your face Adam?" In what division did Adam work? It was definitely not in the prophecy chamber at least. Laurel got the answer to her question when she heard what Adam asked Airey about but it peeked her curiosity and made her ask herself. "Potions store? Do you experiment with potions?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
[…]“Blown up?,” she echoed softly, catching the tail end of the discussions.
”Ja,” Adam said out of the corner of his mouth, in answer to both of the questions. Explosions were, after all, a hazard of the job. As were burns, cuts, temporary loss of hearings, smell, and eyebrows. Didn’t everyone in the Department of Mysteries have a work-related hazard they had to deal with? And he didn’t mean Cyrpress’s bad breath or exploding stars that blinded people and tried to eat them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokimoto View Post
[…]"Sir," to her DH. His attention was needed by another though, and Sam smiled at the new (maybe?) Mysteries associates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
[…]"I assume a healer cleared you for work then," he inquired a bit dryly. The department could not afford more situations after the black hole and there was a certain standard to be had by Unspeakables and the quality of their work. If the man's current physical situation was prohibiting his efficiency, well, Airey had no problem providing him with a bit of paid leave. Adam deserved a promotion anyway. It was a memo on his desk to attend to later. "Check with Level 4 for all those," he instructed. "I'm sure Miss Clarke has more than enough in her greenhouses and if not she will ensure that she does in the near future." That was a part of that department's purpose, after all. To provide the Ministry with potions ingredients.
[…]
"I am hoping someone from Accidents and Catastrophes will be joining us shortly. I would like for you. I would like for you five to accompany me to the Thought Chamber. There is a pressing matter to attend there with the maintenance of Encephalons."
Another person arrived and Adam began having trouble detecting the smaller things that allowed him to locate people and colors. It was suddenly a cacophony of sounds and lights. He pushed his big over-sized purple sunglasses back down over his glowy blue eyes and nodded in the new employee’s direction. Only….he nodded in the wrong direction.

”Courze,” he said simply. Right? Hadn’t he? He’d been to the healers so often lately. Which incident was he referring to? The star explosion-sight loss many post event healing sessions or the potion explosion? ” Zey zaid zey vould zend en ovl.” At least he thought they had. English wans’t his first language after all and it was a very very odd and hard to understand language. He put on a big cat-like smile. When in doubt, smile. Yup that was Adam’s motto.

”Ooo car trip,” he said in response to checking with Level 4. ”Vho vants to choin me? he asked his fellow lingering employees. Only…It appeared the car trip would have to wait.

”Lead on kood cabdain,” Adam said to Airey as he reached into his jacket to retrieve his support cane. With a click, clack, clink he shook it out and locked it into place. He didn’t know anyone here well enough to snag an elbow for guidance and he had a feeling he was going to need help navigating. He hadn’t been in the Thought Chamber often enough to know how to get around in it sans eyes.

Last edited by Krel Ansell; 12-05-2018 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake