View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 07:00 PM

Post Daniel Radcliffe yet again on why he won't see 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'

While promoting his new Broadway show The Lifespan of a Fact, Daniel Radcliffe was asked yet again - this time on Late Night with Seth Meyers - why he flat-out refuses to see the stage production of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. It has nothing to do with the plot or location, but the fans.

Quote:
Daniel Radcliffe: "I always give a really boring, terrible answer. I'm probably not going to see it, I don't have plans to. Not because I think it would throw me into some sort of existential crisis of like, 'Oh, is that what happened?'"

"It would not be a relaxing evening at the theater to be watching. I feel like I would be being watched for my reaction. And maybe that is completely conceited and egotistical and people wouldn’t care, but I do feel if I was just surrounded by Harry Potter fans, it would be a little odd ... There's many reasons to not go in."

"The thing about a disguise, is that if it stops working, then you’re just a dude who wore a disguise. I remember there was one year where me and Rupert Grint were at Redding Music Festival together. And for whatever reason, because we were young, cool, and edgy, we had access to old, World War II gas masks, so we put them on and were running around at the concert. Then it got really hot, very quickly and it was very hard to breathe in them, so we just took them off. And then everybody went from, 'who are those two idiots in gas masks?' to 'oh, look who that is!' It was not a good feeling, that swore me off disguises."
It should be noted that almost all of Dan's Harry Potter film costars have seen (and without incident) Harry Potter and the Cursed Child in London or New York, including Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Bonnie Wright, Tom Felton, Matthew Lewis, Evanna Lynch, Helena Bonham Carter, Dame Jule Walters, Dame Emma Thompson, Sir Michael Gambon, Jim Broadbent, Jason Isaacs, James and Oliver Phelps, Jeff Rawle, Warwick Davis, several Fantastic Beasts stars (Eddie Redmayne, Ezra Miller, Dan Fogler, Jessica Williams, William Nadylam among others), as well as director David Yates, producer David Heyman, and most importantly - J.K. Rowling (many times in the audience).

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is currently playing in London and New York City, will open in Australia this winter, and will have two more openings in Germany and San Francisco in the months after.