View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 02:03 AM   #53 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

presents

Curse-Breakers Wanted For Thrilling Opportunities Abroad

March, 2097
by:Robert Blackburn

After a recent cave-in of a private dig site at an undisclosed location, Gringotts Wizarding Bank is now in need of new Curse-Breakers for thrilling opportunities abroad.

"If you have an interest in adventure, have obtained an OWL in Arithmancy, and NEWTs in Ancient Runes, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Potions, or Transfiguration, then we can take you the rest of the way and train you to be one of the world's premiere Cure-Breakers," Helo Banner, the current Head Curse-Breaker at Gringotts explains. "You don't need experience to sign up, you'll get that on the job, but experienced 'Breakers are of course welcome."

The 'treasure-and-curse' business has been a lucrative one for Gringotts over the centuries, though the Goblins remain secretive about exactly how much treasure has been obtained by their mostly human employees.

"We can't go about giving exact values when it comes to who gets what," explains Tearlung, the bank's Head Goblin, "Or it might make certain Curse-Breakers into targets, and we already have enough trouble as it is with of youngsters bothering us to let them barge into the Curse-Breaker Headquarters to meet Nigel Barrington." He says, referring to the bassist of the wizarding rock band The Dead Kneazles, who has been moonlighting as a Curse-Breaker since 2088. "Tell them not to join up if all they want is an autograph, or I'll lock them in the vaults," He added. When asked, Barrington only stated, "He isn't joking about locking them in the vaults."

Curse-Breakers can also work part time, even if they are employed elsewhere, so long as they are able to commit to join scheduled expeditions. "We have always had part-time Curse-Breakers on our roster," explains Banner, "Its an ideal way for those who just happen to be qualified but are otherwise stuck in boring desk jobs to get a taste of something a little more exciting in their lives, and earn treasure for all their hard work."

Daphne Flamsteed, one of the valued part-time Curse-Breakers that the bank employs, agrees "Curse-Breaking itself is liberating, both in its execution and in reaping the spoils, but I prefer working alone as a freelance Curse-Breaker. Occasionally you come across situations that require more than one wand to the task, so there is a real flexibility and benefit in working part-time with Gringotts. I don't have to go out and look for guinea pigs to assist me, I get assigned a team."

Applicants must be aged 17 and have completed their seventh year prior to the end of the application period.

For those who wish to apply for this opportunity or have any questions, please send a letter of interest to Helo Banner. care of Gringotts Wizarding Bank before the end of July.

ooc: for those who choose to sign up, an RP opportunity will be available! Graduating seventh years can also apply. Any questions, please PM Tegz. If you have an existing Curse-Breaker character you can also sign them up to officially work at Gringotts by following the instructions listed here. All Curse-Breakers on this list will be permitted to join in the upcoming RP opportunity - even if they aren't based in the UK!

Last edited by TeafortheSoul; 11-10-2018 at 02:17 AM.