View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 02:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Rafferty Ainsworth

Puffskein

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOPEendures View Post
"Not all night, sir." She had planned to 'dwaddle' half the night, maybe, but she did have to run those laps in the morning and if she stayed out all night...well...she still wasn't over the first TROLL incident just yet. She didn't want a repeat either which is why she missed breakfast and then so stressed she couldn't eat any other meal and without being able to have food out of the Great Hall...well...she was losing more weight than she cared to admit, especially to this man.

Kaitlynn touched the rubber band and averted his gaze because she knew he honestly didn't care about how he made people feel and she didn't want to see the icy gaze he was going to give her for her ridiculous answer. "It's a coping mechanism, Professor. I'm in a second year student but it's my first year here at Hogwarts." And it was terrible. She never thought she'd find herself thinking this...but she hated it. "However, don't let my sad story waste any more time of you valuable time. I shall head back to the common room now." She said it with a little more snark than she intended and stood rooted in place instead of leaving. She had never used that kind of tone toward anyone.
Was Rafferty being sassed by this pipsqueak? He would like to think so. Was he bothered? No. Rafferty chose to ignore her comment because he was for once, interested in what a student had to say out of a lesson. Was Hopsisk insinuating what he thought she was? Was she saying that perhaps the new rules and take overs were making her life miserable? Rafferty was not moved. For all he knew now that he thought of it, it could be for some other reason. Perhaps a friend was stressing her out. Perhaps it was the lessons. “Yes, let’s not waste my precious time.’’ Rafferty drew himself up to his fullest height. “Run along, Hopsisk. I shall be along to the Common Room in a few minutes and if you’re not there.’’ Rafferty let the threat hang. He continued on his way down the corridor in the opposite direction of the Ravenclaw Common Room.