View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 12:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
Ah, Kanji, or so the book said. Now which language was th-oh, there it was. "Why Japan, though?" It seemed an odd choice for someone who didn't know the language. He also doubted that she could learn Japanese in time, not when it had taken him a few years to become fluent in French and that was while actually living in a francophone country (plus, the common alphabet). Not that Ronan thought he was smarter than she was or anything. Just that it took a while to learn a different language.

"I'm doing good actually. Started uni here in London back in September and now I'm just waiting for Ministry applications to open so I can join the Auror training program." Was it crazy to do both at the same time? Possibly. Was that going to stop him? Nope.
Ugh. Honestly it wasn't really Ronan's fault but Skylar was so SICK of people judging her for choosing a university in a country where she didn't know the language. Sure it was maybe foolish thinking on her part, but she was perseverant and stubborn. And fluency wasn't really required... or she doubted they'd have accepted her. Right?

"Japan is beautiful. And I needed to get away ... something new... new people ... new culture..." Did that make sense, maybe? "I applied. I got accepted." So there was that. She wouldn't mention the fact that she got rejected from over half the programs she applied to. And that while theoretically Italy or Madrid would have made more sense in terms of linguistics, she'd chosen the one with the biggest challenge.

"Interesting. I'm actually planning to do Auror training as well.... On top of the cursebreaking track." Cursebreaking was something she'd considered first, but there was something appealing about the chase with regards to being an auror. It was something she'd realized on the Dufftown trip with Jace, actually. And perhaps she was crazy for wanting to do both tracks but she had the passion and ambition to do both. "What are you studying at university?" Also how did he, Ronan Carter get accepted to London whereas she, an OUTSTANDING student, not. Not that she regretted being rejected after what happened with her ex she was kind of glad to not be going to the same school as him. It was just principle of the matter.

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.