View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 06:32 AM   #23 (permalink)
Suziella
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bramble "Bram" Wyatt Lennox
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement
ThunderPUFF | Whoodley | MRD&LKD | Graphics Queen | Tristalen | Mrs. A | Hunny Bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitheach View Post
"Well I'm looking forward to Care of Magical Creatures," Lizzie replied with a smile. "It's my hope to be like the great Newt Scamander someday."

"I'll definitely come and do that" she nodded to the Professor. "Thank you!"

She ran off down the steps of the hut to grab Mimir, soon she'd have her own place in the barns with the other magical and non-magical creatures.
Tristan smiled rather large at that revelation. His biggest role model was Newt Scamander, and it always made him happy to hear his students say the want to be like him...because that was his dream once too. "I look forward to having you. I think that is every up and coming Magizoologists dream." He said with a wink.

"Good! You are so welcome! See you in class." He said with a quick wave as he watched the young girl run in the direction of the castle. She was a good one that Lizzie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Jessa took a seat on one of the chairs when it was offered, glad he wasn’t too busy for a chat. At least, he didn’t look busy and he seemed ready to listen.

“I actually came to talk to you about Dexter, Sir.” She began. Her not so baby aethonan. Merlin she could remember when she’d just begun taking care of him. He had the skinniest legs that wobbled slightly when he walked and didn’t entirely know what to do with his wings. The horse had come a long way since then.

“Firstly, I guess....I just wanted to ask. You let me adopt him—because of how good I’d been with him and well, I’m graduating at the end of this year. I guess I’m just wondering if I get to take him with me. I’d like to, obviously. I don’t think I’d wanna leave him behind.”

Things might’ve been easier if he was a niffler or one of the other, smaller creatures during the year long assignment, but he was a winged horse and still growing. She wasn’t sure if that would make this business more complicated as a result.
After Jessa took a seat in one of the lawn chairs, he took the other, sitting rather relaxed, despite the internal turmoil of the happenings around the school lately. But he didn't want to get into that, especially with the students.

He listened...slightly surprised at the requests that Jessa was making. Tristan sat up, leaning forward and resting his elbows on his knees, he looked straight at the Head Girl. "Jessa, you adopted Dexter. The only reason he is staying at Hogwarts right now is because you are. Once you graduate...you can take him. He is rightfully yours." He leaned back again folding his arms across his chest.

"Did you honestly think I wouldn't let you take him after adopting him? You have taken exceptionally good care of him. I would never tell you that you couldn't have him." Unless of course she happened to be doing some of her experiments on him...which right now it seemed her focus was the undead. He wouldn't dwell on that too much though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
He was feeling more and more out of place. Without having been around the previous years, he was at a loss for understanding how Tristan, or any of the other professors, really felt. He touched his chin with his index finger and exhaled. Of course the students would be their first priority, even if their methods weren't what he would have chosen. It wasn't like they had just randomly grabbed a man off the streets to replace Headmistress Hawthorne.

"All of this is a bit more than I bargained for when I took the position." He took a few more slow breaths. "Let me know what I can do to help make this transition easier for everyone. Please." Foster looked to Tristan with pleading eyes. The last thing he wanted was to make enemies of the long term staff. He didn't have it in him to spend his first year caught in the middle of a battle between the new headmaster and the long term staff.

He nodded at Tristan's last words. "Yes, I'm very thankful there wasn't a fight at the feast." He chuckled lightly. "Although with the daggers his eyes were shooting at me, I feel as if your friend, Professor Kennedy, might have enjoyed taking a swing at me. I'm afraid I might have upset him in some way." He still wasn't sure what he had said that seemed to upset the man and he wondered if it had something to do with the song he had been requested to sing.
Tristan plucked a grape off of the cheese plate and popped it into his mouth. He needed something to do with his hands or the anxiety would bubble over and he would be come a complete mess.

He was glad when the other man finally spoke. "Yes, well, imagine how we long terms felt. Completely blindsided." His anger rose for a moment. Regina didn't deserve any of this. Shaking his head he took another grape. "Honestly, Foster...I don't know what you can do. A lot of the kids wont lie down for this. They are going to make it difficult. There are Professors that wont either." He wasn't going to mention he was one of them...but that pretty much went without saying.

When Foster brought up Kalen, a slow smile crossed his lips. He looked up at the picture of the two of them in Greece on his mantle, and back to Foster. "Well, Kalen can become quite," he had to think of a good way to put this, "green when it comes to me, especially when he thinks someone is flirting." Foster had been particularly nice to him in a way that seemed flirtatious at the feast and well...the Slytherin in Kalen decided to make it's way out. "He's more than just a friend." Tristan made a pointed glance at Forster and hoped he understood what he meant, but it would be difficult not to. The smile on his face said everything.

____________________________________________ I know that you're afraid to...

...let all the dark escape you.