View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 03:17 AM   #22 (permalink)
Birchwoodmom

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default Sorry for the late reply
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

SPOILER!!: Tristan <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziella View Post

Tristan hadn't noticed the other man pacing around. He was still replaying the events of last term in his brain. "Yes, well, we could have done better. Many students joined the fight and one was critically injured. He lived but it was touch and go for awhile." Not to mention the professors that were severely injured as well.

As he looked at the table full of food in front of him, he sighed, "I have to believe it. Despite them not being here daily and thinking they know everything that goes on here, these are their children." Though, he thought they had made a terrible mistake by taking Regina from this school. These students were as much his children as they were their parents. Merlin, he saw them more than their parents did for a good chunk of their life. Of course the professors at this school have a better idea of their safety. Sighing again, "I think he wants them to show their abilities instead of calling for help. I think he is trying to gauge how much we have taught them. Though I highly disagree with the method as well." He added for good measure.

Tristan leaned back into the couch resting his elbow on the arm rest, and his cheek on his palm. "Not to worry. I think we are all a little stressed right now. You're lucky you didn't see a fight at the feast." Because he was sure as hell thinking about punching someone that night, and he was sure he wasn't the only one.

He was feeling more and more out of place. Without having been around the previous years, he was at a loss for understanding how Tristan, or any of the other professors, really felt. He touched his chin with his index finger and exhaled. Of course the students would be their first priority, even if their methods weren't what he would have chosen. It wasn't like they had just randomly grabbed a man off the streets to replace Headmistress Hawthorne.

"All of this is a bit more than I bargained for when I took the position." He took a few more slow breaths. "Let me know what I can do to help make this transition easier for everyone. Please." Foster looked to Tristan with pleading eyes. The last thing he wanted was to make enemies of the long term staff. He didn't have it in him to spend his first year caught in the middle of a battle between the new headmaster and the long term staff.

He nodded at Tristan's last words. "Yes, I'm very thankful there wasn't a fight at the feast." He chuckled lightly. "Although with the daggers his eyes were shooting at me, I feel as if your friend, Professor Kennedy, might have enjoyed taking a swing at me. I'm afraid I might have upset him in some way." He still wasn't sure what he had said that seemed to upset the man and he wondered if it had something to do with the song he had been requested to sing.