View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 12:59 AM   #19 (permalink)
Suziella
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bramble "Bram" Wyatt Lennox
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement
ThunderPUFF | Whoodley | MRD&LKD | Graphics Queen | Tristalen | Mrs. A | Hunny Bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
The term had only started but it'd already proven to be a weird one. Weird....was putting it mildly but there it was. This whole phys. ed in the morning, strict observation and even stricter Headmaster, it definitely wasn't the Hogwarts she was used to and it admittedly made her happy to be leaving.

That's why she had to visit Wayland; because she was leaving. Yes, there were still a ton of months before that actually happened but there was something she wanted to get sorted with him before then.

When the time finally came, there was a certain aethonan she wasn't keen on leaving behind. Taking care of Dexter all these years, helping him learn to fly, watching him make progress and see how much his wings were strengthening. She didn't think she was ready to let him go, especially not when she'd by all accounts adopted him for doing so well at caring for him during the assignment.

Jessa came to a stop at the door, giving it three firm knocks before taking a step back. She was content to wait.
Tristan was in the kitchen leaning against the counter reading the Daily Prophet and sipping on a fresh cup of Chai when he heard a knock at the door. As usual, he wasn't expecting anyone but figured it was more than likely another student coming to talk to him about something.

He quickly folded the paper and sat it down on the counter along with his tea, before heading towards the door. He noticed Jessa immediately, and was slightly surprised at seeing her. It had been awhile since she had come to see him, but he probably shouldn't be surprised given the new staff changes.

He made his way to the door, and pulled it open with a small smile. "Hello, Jessa. What brings you to my door today?" He asked gesturing to one of the two lawn chairs on the porch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
He was till pacing, his mind going over the morning's events out on the pitch. "It sound as if the professors here, including you, did an amazing job keeping the students as safe as possible during the attack." No lives had been lost and the castle was still standing. The Inferi could have done far worse.

Foster paused his pacing. "If you really do believe they have the students best interest at heart, I'll have to trust you on it." He took a few more step before starting again. "I still feel rather uncomfortable with the methods. What is it teaching the students to not send for the healer when one of them is injured? It does no more than teach them to not trust their professors." He huffed a few times then returned to his seat.

"I do apologize for my outburst." It wan't like him to get so worked up over events. He was normally a very calm and even tempered man, but he already felt oddly attached to the students and Hogwarts. Almost more so than his old school. It was almost as if he was finally where he was always meant to be and someone was trying to take it away from him.
Tristan hadn't noticed the other man pacing around. He was still replaying the events of last term in his brain. "Yes, well, we could have done better. Many students joined the fight and one was critically injured. He lived but it was touch and go for awhile." Not to mention the professors that were severely injured as well.

As he looked at the table full of food in front of him, he sighed, "I have to believe it. Despite them not being here daily and thinking they know everything that goes on here, these are their children." Though, he thought they had made a terrible mistake by taking Regina from this school. These students were as much his children as they were their parents. Merlin, he saw them more than their parents did for a good chunk of their life. Of course the professors at this school have a better idea of their safety. Sighing again, "I think he wants them to show their abilities instead of calling for help. I think he is trying to gauge how much we have taught them. Though I highly disagree with the method as well." He added for good measure.

Tristan leaned back into the couch resting his elbow on the arm rest, and his cheek on his palm. "Not to worry. I think we are all a little stressed right now. You're lucky you didn't see a fight at the feast." Because he was sure as hell thinking about punching someone that night, and he was sure he wasn't the only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitheach View Post
Lizzie listened to the professor's explanation and her heart fell when he mentioned that Mimir couldn't live in the Owlery. But thankfully he offered an alternative, one of the barns.

"I felt like that might be the case." Lizzie replied. "I knew it was a risk when I bought her."

She paused a moment to collect her thoughts.

"The reason I bought her is that at Ilvermorny they're allowed and I may end up going there if we ever move back home," she sighed, "though that depends on my parents job."

She paused again, biting her bottom lip.

"Thank you for offering her a place to stay. I'll go fetch her, where in the barn is it you'd like her?" Lizzie asked, some relief now that Mimir had a warm bed and company.
Tristan nodded, listening to her with a small smile. Predatory birds were always complicated. They were lucky the Owls themselves didn't have any issues, let alone mixing them with other birds. "There is a risk with every creature, you just have to educate yourself on how to handle it." He said with a wink.

Nodding again, he crossed his arms over his chest, "Well, if you do go to Ilvermorny let me know and I will make sure you have everything you need for traveling as well as a note to the Creatures professor there on how we have been feeding and caring for her. Okay?" He said with a small smile.

"Not a problem, Lizzie. When you bring her back to the barn there will be an enclosure for her with her name and yours on the outside and you can go straight in." He said with a grin. He would have to sneak over there in a few minutes and get that ready before he did whatever Daehyun was trying to convince him to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debpetrisor View Post
Oh, no, he was beginning to turn around... last chance to flee...

Daehyun's brain went in full panic, abort mission, abort mission, abort mission mode as he saw professor Wayland turn back to him, suddenly wondering just how bad of an idea it was... but he supposed there was no time left to back out, so he'd have to man up and ask away. And the look on the man's face? He'd read right through him. He knew. He'd probably gotten used to Daehyun's antics and curiosity that bordered stupidity by then.

"The-um... the acromantulas?" With that, he bit his lips and quieted down.
Acrom--He was joking right? Daehyun wanted Tristan to take him into the forbidden forest to meet the Acromantulas with all the crap that was going on with the new headmaster? He rubbed a hand over his face, and sighed.

"Daehyun...," He paused with a sigh, then thought for a moment. He knew the rules...students must be accompanied to go into the forest. How was this any different? Other than taking him to meet an incredibly dangerous giant talking spider......, "Okay. BUT! I expect a full project out of this. If we are going to go talk to a man eating creature...you are going to make me a model and have a written report about Acromantulas. Do you understand?" He knew this was probably a terrible idea....but sometimes the Acromantulas weren't all that bad. He often had to go into the forest and speak with them about different things.

He grabbed his leather jacket throwing it on quickly. "Don't make me regret this, Daehyun. Stay by my side and do not speak unless I tell you it's okay, and if say run...you best run." He said it with very wide and frantic eyes. Needless to say, Tristan wasn't a huge fan of these creatures. He pushed the door open and whistled a quick tune. Ash quickly appeared and landed on his shoulder.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" He said as he turned and looked at the young man inside his door.

____________________________________________ I know that you're afraid to...

...let all the dark escape you.