View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 05:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
Suziella
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bramble "Bram" Wyatt Lennox
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement
Default We know you haven't left Lizzie...Just moving on with the other student ;)
ThunderPUFF | Whoodley | MRD&LKD | Graphics Queen | Tristalen | Mrs. A | Hunny Bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitheach View Post
"Oh...."Lizzie started, a blush rising in her cheeks. "I'm sorry!"

She stared up at the Professor in the door, regathered her thoughts and spoke.

"Well there are about 100 different questions I want to ask you," she laughed slightly. "But the reason I'm here is I have a Raven, Mimir, I got her as my animal, instead of an owl or a cat."

"She's wonderful, but because she's not an owl I need permission to either keep her in the Owlery, unless you can think of somewhere that would better suit her. I want what's best for her!" she continued, rambling, as she often did when she was really excited, or nervous.

She looked to the Professor, concern on her face as she expectantly waited for his reply.
"No need to apologize at all!" Tristan said with a reassuring smile. He didn't want her to worry about any other student. Besides, it sounded to him like Daehyun's request would be taking a lot longer than the young first year girl's would.

He grinned, "Of course you do." He said with an answering chuckle. Tristan listened as she explained her predicament, crossing his arms over his chest and nodding, reassuring he was listening.

"Well, sorry to day but predator birds of different species can't be kept in the same area. They are natural enemies. So Owls and Raven's cannot mix or they fight and can badly injure each other. But I can definitely make a space for Mimir in the barn. You can visit her as much as you like, but she cannot go into the castle with you since she isn't on the approved list." He said with a small smile. He knew that was probably not what the young girl wanted to hear, but that was just how things were with predatory birds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debpetrisor View Post
Oh, he was on to him. If only Daehyun had looked professor Wayland in the eyes, he would have seen that the man had seen right through him. "Mmmhm," he managed to squeak out. Of course he knew it was forbidden to students, and for a very good reason at that. That was why he was being a responsible student and came to ask his Care of Magical Creatures professor to... possibly break school rules for him. Would he? Break rules?

Now, obviously he wouldn't go alone, he wasn't that reckless.

... well maybe he would have taken his chances, but he didn't want to disappoint professor Wayland. His own safety was his last worry.

"I just-" He could already feel his cheeks heating up. "I was curious to see the acr-" And he was cut off by the sound of a knock at the door. Nodding when told to wait, he was actually glad for the interruption. He could take a break and breathe. Yes, breathing felt nice, he should do more of that, and take a moment to sort out his thoughts and try again when professor Wayland returned.
When Tristan finished up with Lizzie he went back into the entryway of his hut to find Daehyun exactly where he had left him. "Sorry about that, Daehyun." He rubbed a hand over his face before turning to the young man with a small smile.

"So again, what was it exactly that you wanted to see in the forest?" He asked as he folded his arms across his chest, giving the young man a cheeky grin. This kid was probably going to ask to see something new every year...and was probably going to give him some grey hairs....but at least he wasn't as bad as Zoryn. He was amazed he hadn't become completely white headed because of that child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
He nodded, soothing sounds were welcomed at the moment. In fact, he would have been perfectly content to listen to the tune for the rest of the afternoon. “Sourdough is actually one of my favorite breads.” He took another bite of cheese, letting the sharp nuttiness spread across his tongue. He hadn’t been in the mood for much of a breakfast after having to take a student to the Hospital Wing that morning.

After he had finished speaking, he watched and waited for Tristan to reply. His stomach turned and he almost felt like leaving, but steeled himself for what was to come. He listened closely as the professor spoke, growing more and more uneasy over the events of the past two days. The fierce look on Tristan's face only increased his uneasiness over the situation and his story sparked a memory of an article he had read over tea and scones one morning. However, the follow up story hand't made his local paper. To the best of his recollection, there had been no report of an attack on Hogwarts in their daily news.

“Wait, wasn’t that the the treasure horde that had been turned over to officials, then sent back to Hogwarts to be put on display? There was a story about it in our daily news.” He shifted forward in the chair. “Who at the Ministry was responsible for sending the items back to Hogwarts without thoroughly checking the origins and ensuring the safety of the students?” Foster not so gently sat his plate on the table and was thankful it didn’t shatter. “How could they possibly blame Regina for their own mistake?”

He shook his head. Every part of it was wrong. No wonder so many of the professors and students were upset during the feast. “No. This isn’t right. Someone is trying to cover something up and they are using Hogwarts, or more specifically Regina, as their scapegoat.” He stood and started pacing the floor of the hut.
"Good." Tristan said with a small smile and a nod. He was happy that hadn't been a mistake. He did love sourdough himself, though it wasn't necessarily his favorite.

Tristan nodded, listening as the man spoke. "Well, you see that's the problem. They did check the cave as well as myself and a few other professors, including Regina. The Inferi must have been so well hidden they were impossible to find." He paused to let that sink in. "In all honesty, it was truly no one's fault. Though some of us feel rather guilty about it." He looked down at his own hands. It had been his idea and his activity that lead them to find the hoard. How could he not feel responsible?

Tristan shook his head in disagreement, "No, I don't think it's that either. The Board of Governors think they are keeping their children safe. Scrimgeour and his militaristic ways seemed to be their idea of how to do so." Which he wholeheartedly disagreed with, but who was he to change that now?

____________________________________________ I know that you're afraid to...

...let all the dark escape you.