View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 05:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Suziella
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bramble "Bram" Wyatt Lennox
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement
Default Rearranged a little ;)
ThunderPUFF | Whoodley | MRD&LKD | Graphics Queen | Tristalen | Mrs. A | Hunny Bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by debpetrisor View Post
As he'd been staring into the distance in the hope of finding professor Wayland's phoenix, Daehyun had been startled when the door opened, but his face soon broke into a smile. A rather nervous one. "Professor, hello!" Now, how did people come about asking for such things? He'd never known the art of subtlety.

"It's a lovely day, isn't it?" he said, his grin widening and becoming more strained. "I, uh... I thought it's a lovely day for taking a walk... Maybe in the Forbidden Forest..." There he went, no longer able to look the man in the eyes.

"... with your permission?" Oh, Merlin, was he going to get scolded for asking to go into the Forbidden Forest, of all places? Sure, Hogwarts' grounds were immense and lovely, but they didn't have huge, dangerous spiders that he could examine. There was no real excitement.
Tristan was about to respond to the young man's question when he began speaking in a very nervous voice which spread to the grin on his face. Tristan crossed his arms with a small grin shaking his head.

"What exactly do you want to see in the Forbidden Forest, Daehyun? I can't allow you to go alone even during the day. I would have to come with you, you know that right? So tell me now exactly what creature you are wanting to see." He leaned his head to the side a little, eyes boring into the young man's face. There were a lot of dangerous creatures in there and he wasn't sure about taking a third year into the forest.

But before he could get answers another knock came at the door. "One sec, Daehyun." He said patting the boy on the shoulder and heading for the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitheach View Post
Lizzie walked down to the CoMC Professor's Hut. She thought it was pretty amazing that the Professor got to live so close to so many of the amazing creatures she'd only had a chance to read about. She was sure Professor Wayland would grow to be one of her favourite professors and she had so many questions for him, but today, she was on a mission. She need to get permission for her Raven, Mimir, to be kept in the Owlery or the other alternative might be that maybe Professor Wayland could find a spot for her in one of the barns or enclosures with the other animals.

As she continued to walk towards the hut her mind wandered to daydreams of one day maybe being like the Professor teaching others about fantastic beast, or like her favourite role model Newt and his adventures. She silently hoped she'd get to meet a Thestral this year, anything she'd read about them or pictures she'd seen just made her want to meet them more.

As she reached the door of the hut she heard voices inside and she paused, hesitating to knock on the door and interrupt. But this was important, she told herself and would only take a few moments to ask permissions, and understand where things stood. Preparing to apologize profusely as soon as the door opened, she knocked.
Tristan clomped his way over to the door wondering who else could be here. He generally didn't have students overlapping. He errantly wondered if it was a professor.

Tristan pushed the door open and smiled. A young first year girl he had just met this afternoon was at the door. "Oh, Hello Lizzie!" He stepped outside of the door for a moment. "How can I help you? I was just speaking with another student but he can wait a few minutes." He said with a grin and a wink.

Daehyun's...request would probably take much longer than the young girl's so...ladies first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
He turned his head slightly toward Ash as he sang his song and again wondered if his luck with creatures had turned. The one, and only, creature he had ever gotten along with was his Fwooper, Mercury, and he was well into his senior years.

Foster gave Tristan a smile as the gentleman handed him a plate. "Thank you. Is that sourdough?" He half asked as he took a slice then added some cheese and grapes to his plate. Without looking up, he started quickly "My first day? Well, I know you don't have any reason to trust me. We hardly know more than each other's names, but I have to say that this morning felt wrong." He looked up, trying to read Tristan's face before continuing. "I don't know exactly what happened here last year or why Headmistress Hawthorne was removed from her post, but this Scrimgeour..." he suddenly felt the need to look towards the door as if someone was listening in on their conversation "there is something not right with him." Foster was all for strict rules and order. He honestly loved the idea of running laps each morning to get the body and mind going for the day. However, the excessive taking of points and jinxing them for not complying was not okay.

He sat back and popped a grape in his mouth to stop himself from further revealing how he felt about the new leadership. He had no way of knowing how far their conversation would travel, though he hoped it would remain between the two of them.
Tristan grinned at the bird, "Don't worry. He is very perceptive about emotions and is just trying to calm your nerves." He had heard that specific tune too many times today.

At the question, Tristan turned to look at the table and nodded, "Yeah, that's all I have at the moment. I hope that's okay." He said as the man took a slice. Apparently it was just fine. He grinned to himself.

As the other man spoke, Tristan listened while piling his plate with a mixture of cheese, meats, and a little bread as well. He popped a grape in his mouth and sighed while chewing. He swallowed and said, "That's because it was wrong. Entirely wrong." The anger welled up in him again, and he had to set his plate down before he threw it. "Last year my club called Creature Companions did an activity in the Lake. Long story short we found a cave full of very old treasure and artifacts." He wasn't going to give all of the details, but he would give him as much as he could. "Well, turns out the treasure had been guarded by ancient Inferi. They attacked the school at the end of May. Many people were hurt and injured, the worst were professors." He thought about Gaston and Kaysha and took a deep breath.

"When we finally figure out that they wanted the treasure we gave it back immediately and they just...left." He watched the scene play over in his mind, and closed his eyes, rubbing his face with his hand. "Hogwarts is known for having extraordinary events happening every year and it's not because of the lack of discipline or what we are teaching them, they are absolutely coincidences or accidents. It's a magical school...things will happen." He paused shaking his head. "Regina didn't deserve this. She has protected these students with everything she has...and this man comes in here thinking what he is doing will make Hogwarts better." He looked up at the ceiling and sighed closing his eyes. "He has no clue. No one who hasn't been here to see it happen does." He turned to look at Foster with a fierceness even Ash would fear.

He quickly looked back down at his plate, wondering if this meeting had been a good idea. He really hoped Foster could be trusted. If not...things could get bad very quickly. Suddenly, he was wishing it was still summer and wishing to be back in Santorini.

____________________________________________ I know that you're afraid to...

...let all the dark escape you.