Thread: Phoenix Theatre
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 10:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
Kimothy

MO & DMLE
Moke

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Astrid Grimaldi
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sailor Zhang
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skeet Octavian Sayse
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Ariadne Lysandra Ackerly
Law Enforcement
x12
Kimothée Chalamet • The UWU Agenda • Once Baby, Now Trouble • All Growed Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
He had nothing further to add to that particular conversation and the study of Divination was not one that he particularly paid any real attention to. His own focuses had delved into elemental magic for which he was proficient in - his flame manipulation earning him top marks and helping propel him up in the initial ranks at the Russian Ministry - and m etallurgy along side metal charming. A branch of magic he would have taken up as his major had he accepted any of his acceptances to university.

Instead his intense gaze was brought back to his date as she spoke of his uncle. "This does not surprise me in the least," he nodded with a small chuckle. "He had me keep one when I first moved in to help prove to him I understood the weight of responsibility." Though the 18-year-old often felt he understood that burden more than the former Astronomy professor did. "Even Atlas and Aries have them, though Atlas threw his in the lake in the backyard and Aries tried to gnaw on his while teething and knocked one of his teeth out."

And no, he had not. His uncle took his professions very seriously and the professor-student confidentiality was among those. What happened between him and his students at Hogwarts, for the most part, remained at Hogwarts.

He shook his head once more. "Nor can I. I have only ever been an amateur astronomer, as you know," he winked. Stargazing and the mythology revolving around them. That was about as in depth as the Romanian young man went.

Inside now, Andrei was giving the lobby area a casual look over. It had been...a while since he had been inside a theater - the last time he had playing so vividly in his thoughts that his chest ached a little. "When do you begin your transition to Spain?" he asked after a few moments, spotting a few plush chairs they could sit down in and wait for the doors to the theater proper to open so they could be ushered into their seats.
That, Vivian could understand. Despite already being a graduate of Hogwarts, she was still unsure about what she felt towards Divination as a subject. But now that she was over and done with that school, she had decided to forget she had almost died there… among other things. Despite that, there were also some things about Hogwarts that she would keep close to her heart. One does not simply forget being stuck in there for seven years.

Perhaps having Professor Airey Flamsteed as an uncle meant getting used to his particular brand of weird. Vivian let out a laugh, but almost immediately lifted her hand to cover her mouth so she didn’t garner any looks from the people around. She was a bit pink on the cheeks now. Oops. “Did you name your pet rock?” The blond asked, because she felt that it was an important question and she was naturally curious. And… oh, wow. The thought of kids owning pet rocks was quite silly but, at the same time, kind of cute. Vivian Iona Fairfield was a huge softie for babies, given the number of young ones in her family now. “How did Professor Flamsteed react to all that?” Losing a tooth, though. Poor baby.

Amateur astronomer. That very much elicited a light snort from the blond, but she beamed at him anyway. The fact that he could remember the entire story of Draco, or Balaurul in his native tongue, could at least speak of something otherwise. “That’s okay. I enjoy stargazing with you, anyway.” They both didn’t need to be professionals in astronomy to appreciate the sky and its heavenly bodies.

His casual look at the lobby did not go unnoticed, and Vivian quietly watched him as he did so. She knew about the offer from WADA, which he had turned down for all the reasons that were valid, and that was okay. Vivian lightly squeezed his arm again, her eyes not leaving him. “I’m already taking some Spanish lessons.” He knew that. In fact, she had even greeted him with a ‘Hola’ before realizing what she had said and apologizing to him when he had picked her up. Honestly, she was just glad that tonight was an excuse for her to speak English. Yes, her lessons were that intense. “But moving in soon, when Liss is done cruising with her boyfriend.” And Vivian was both scared and excited for it.

___________________________________And the whole wide world is whistling...