Thread: Spare Office
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 10:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
First Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Text Cut: Zoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
"I don't blame you," the headmistress responded, not blaming the reactions that they had to having to get up close and personal with peoples' feet and not disagreeing with the option that this wasn't exactly the most pleasant form of Divination. Never mind the fact that she wasn't a big believer in the subject, but to each their own.

Regina remained quiet while Maddie looked at her foot, took some notes, and then stated her observations. Her interest was grasped at the description of her foot being labelled a Square or Peasant Foot. That was ... different. But what the girl said as an explanation to what that meant seemed to be spot on.

The other stuff, though, seemed ... really off. But, still, the woman remained silent.

Looking over the girl's notes when she showed them, she then finally spoke. "So ... is this some sort of prediction? That I am a certain way now, but might come across something that will make be sensitive? Or is this just to give the observer insight into what a person is like through this method?" Her questions showed that she didn't understand the purpose of the method.

The headmistress had remained quiet while Maddie had done the reading. She couldn't decide if that was a good thing or a bad thing. It was sort of nerve-wracking performing a school assignment right in front of the Headmistress. Maddie bit at her bottom lip while the woman read over her work.

Uhhh...and now she was asking questions. Maddie blinked. She hadn't expected questions. Not that she minded them, but would she say the right thing? Was this some sort of test? "I...think so," she said, her statement coming out more like a question. Should she tell the Headmistress that Divination wasn't really one of her favorite subjects and that she was pretty much doing this reading because she had to? Nahhh. She did have a thought, though. "It could be. I think it's more of a thought to have to help guide you in decision making." For the record...

"I don't think you're an overly-sensitive person. Actually, I really admire the way you handle things. I think you're an awe---...an excellent Headmistress," she said. She had decided to change the word awesome to excellent at the last second. Excellent seemed more like a word she would use when talking to Hawthorne. "You know," she said---"...and I swear to you this is not me just brown-nosing. Everybody has their favorite staff member. I think this year, I figured out that you're mine. Thanks for helping me with my assignment."