Thread: Spare Office
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 06:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
Maddie laughed. "Don't worry. We're all having the same reaction about it," she assured the woman. "Studying feet isn't exactly my favorite part of Divination." Maddie didn't call any form of Divination her favorite, but she didn't say as much to the Headmistress. She couldn't believe her luck in getting Hawthorne to agree to this, and the woman must be actually following through with it seeing as she conjured a chair. She didn't suppose the headmistress also knew a spell for conjuring completed assignments, hmm?

So this put Maddie face to face with Hawthorne's foot, a position she could honestly say she never predicted she'd be in. It also looked like they'd be studying Hawthorne's right foot, too, seeing as that was the one she'd freed from her shoe. Maddie took note of that on her parchment then turned back to the foot. She took a good minute to change her gaze from the foot to her notes and back again. "You've got what's called a Square or Peasant Foot," she finally said. All of her toes were about the same length. "That's a pretty good foot to have, too. It means you never give up, and you work hard to achieve your goals." That was the good news. "It also means that you might over-analyze things, but whatever you do, you do it well."

There was a lot more to say about her feet, though. "Although, your big toe is just a little bigger than the others, which means you have a lot of joy in your life," she continued. "Hmm...your toes also have a rounded sort of look to them, which means..." The Hufflepuff turned back to her textbook. "Oh, that you can be sensitive and tactful." Was the headmistress a sensitive person? Maddie didn't know a lot about her personal life, but she didn't seem overly sensitive here at the school. "The other toes are close together, too. That means, ...well, it means you have little faith in yourself, but I don't agree with that. You seem pretty strong to me."

"All done," she said, as she looked up from her notes. "Thanks so much." She turned her notes to face Hawthorne. "Want to see?"
"I don't blame you," the headmistress responded, not blaming the reactions that they had to having to get up close and personal with peoples' feet and not disagreeing with the option that this wasn't exactly the most pleasant form of Divination. Never mind the fact that she wasn't a big believer in the subject, but to each their own.

Regina remained quiet while Maddie looked at her foot, took some notes, and then stated her observations. Her interest was grasped at the description of her foot being labelled a Square or Peasant Foot. That was ... different. But what the girl said as an explanation to what that meant seemed to be spot on.

The other stuff, though, seemed ... really off. But, still, the woman remained silent.

Looking over the girl's notes when she showed them, she then finally spoke. "So ... is this some sort of prediction? That I am a certain way now, but might come across something that will make be sensitive? Or is this just to give the observer insight into what a person is like through this method?" Her questions showed that she didn't understand the purpose of the method.