Thread: Spare Office
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 04:10 AM   #19 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
Second Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Text Cut: Zoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
The headmistress nodded at the girl's response. Of course, the room they were in wasn't exactly the best spot to be vigilant in, unless one were constantly looking at all of the doors that were scattered about the room. But, in due time, she was sure the Hufflepuff would learn that.

A smile cracked on her face when Maddie made the comment about her vocabulary. The smile remained, to cover disbelief, when the girl stated that she had a staff member right in front of her to do a foot reading on. She was joking, right? ... Nope.

"Well, I ... I suppose," the woman said, going so far as to conjure a chair for herself (there was no way she was going to sit on the floor) and started taking off her heels. The things she did for purposes of academia.

Maddie laughed. "Don't worry. We're all having the same reaction about it," she assured the woman. "Studying feet isn't exactly my favorite part of Divination." Maddie didn't call any form of Divination her favorite, but she didn't say as much to the Headmistress. She couldn't believe her luck in getting Hawthorne to agree to this, and the woman must be actually following through with it seeing as she conjured a chair. She didn't suppose the headmistress also knew a spell for conjuring completed assignments, hmm?

So this put Maddie face to face with Hawthorne's foot, a position she could honestly say she never predicted she'd be in. It also looked like they'd be studying Hawthorne's right foot, too, seeing as that was the one she'd freed from her shoe. Maddie took note of that on her parchment then turned back to the foot. She took a good minute to change her gaze from the foot to her notes and back again. "You've got what's called a Square or Peasant Foot," she finally said. All of her toes were about the same length. "That's a pretty good foot to have, too. It means you never give up, and you work hard to achieve your goals." That was the good news. "It also means that you might over-analyze things, but whatever you do, you do it well."

There was a lot more to say about her feet, though. "Although, your big toe is just a little bigger than the others, which means you have a lot of joy in your life," she continued. "Hmm...your toes also have a rounded sort of look to them, which means..." The Hufflepuff turned back to her textbook. "Oh, that you can be sensitive and tactful." Was the headmistress a sensitive person? Maddie didn't know a lot about her personal life, but she didn't seem overly sensitive here at the school. "The other toes are close together, too. That means, ...well, it means you have little faith in yourself, but I don't agree with that. You seem pretty strong to me."

Quote:
Foot reading number #: 4
Who are you doing the foot reading on: Headmistress Hawthorne
Chosen Foot (left/right?): Right foot
Feet characteristics (cracked, swollen, flat etc?) and meanings:
- Square or Peasant Foot. All of her toes were about the same length. This means she never gives up, and that she works hard to achieve her goals. It also means that she might over-analyze things, but that whatever she does, she does it well.
Toe characteristics (round, crooked, big, small etc?) + meanings:
- The big toe, although similar in size to the others, was still just a little longer. That means she has a lot of joy in her life.
- Toes in general have a rounded look to them. This means she can be sensitive and tactful.
- Last few toes are pretty close together. This means she has little faith in herself.

General reflections on what your foot says about your personality or your peers/staffers: I agree that the Headmistress is a hard worker and seems to be the kind of person that sets goals and does whatever it takes to achieve them. I mean, she did this foot reading with me, which means she is doing her best to lead the school and help the students. She doesn't seem to be unhappy, so I would also say she has a lot of joy in her life. The last two points I noted, though, don't seem to be true. I don't see the Headmistress as being too sensitive, and I certainly don't see her as a person with little faith in herself. All-in-all, I think about half of my reading reminded me of the Headmistress I know!
"All done," she said, as she looked up from her notes. "Thanks so much." She turned her notes to face Hawthorne. "Want to see?"