View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 04:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Ginevra

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5
Oh, how we drift away from our friends. And the ones back home play remember when

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post

Gaston returned Daisy's smile, though his expression changed slightly at her words. "I understand," he said, his eyes scanning the patterns on the table in front of her. It didn't look like a very wide selection, but admittedly, embroidery wasn't something he had a lot of experience with; he'd only used sewing for more practical purposes, such as mending rips in his clothes. "I can see about ordering more patterns," he added, making a mental note to contact the craft shop in London where he ordered supplies. "In the meantime, you can try making your own. Did you have a particular design in mind?"

Daisy just gave him an idea! What if instead of making a paper card for Rose, he made her an embroidered one? There was no telling how it would turn out, but he could give it a try. If nothing else, it was something out of the ordinary. "Would you mind if I look at these when you're finished?" he asked, taking a seat at the table across from Daisy.
Daisy thought for a moment then an idea popped into her head. "I think I will do a flying broomstick and one of my cat. I know those images by heart which will make things a bit easier."

When Professor Marchand asked if he could look at what she assumed was the patterns, Daisy replied with a, "Of course, sir!"

Daisy then got to beginning her first embroidery which was the broomstick. She decided to do one showcasing her own model of broomstick, a Firebolt X-Treme. She grabbed black yarn to represent the ebony handle, brown yarn to represent the hazel twigs, silver yarn for the metal parts and some gold yarn for the registration number. She then grabbed some quilting cotton as the "canvas".

Daisy then grabbed her wand from her pocket and began with the black yarn by aiming her wand at it and saying, "Locomotor necto." She kept moving her wand until she had embroidered an ebony Firebolt X-Treme handle onto her canvas. She then swapped the black yarn for the brown yarn and embroidered the hazel twigs of her broom.