View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 02:07 AM   #53 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

“Thank you, Ms. Prichard, Ms. Diggory. Come on, everyone. There’s no need to be shy! It’s actually quite fun, this tent pitching.’’ To Lyn, she said, “That’s fine. Perhaps you can observe the others as they demonstrate. Professor Marchand will give instructions on whether he needs you to get firewood.’’ As a matter of fact, we’ll be starting on this together now. Not much of a volunteering was going on here which, frankly to say, was a disappointment. But that would happen after she went to assist one Chloe Kettleburn. “To the side, Ms. Kettleburn,’’ she said with a wink. “Let me help you there.’’ Kay saw to it that all the poles were put in the right places and properly as well. “Wonderful effort!’' That was the compliment for Chloe.

“If everyone would kindly get their tents out of their bags,’’ Kay continued loud enough for the entire gathering to hear. Already she was shaking off her disappointment. “The type of tents chosen for this lesson are called A- Frame tents and is the most common used for camping. First, take the ground cloth- which is this.’’ She lifted hers, which was currently folded, above her head. “Remember, find a patch of ground that is debris- free. We don’t need you to be uncomfortable later on.’’ Following her own instructions once more, the professor closely examined the ground she had chosen before unrolling the ground cloth smoothly and neatly.

“The support poles and tent frame come next. Ensure that the frame lies flat on the ground.’’ Here, there was a pause while she went about doing this for her on tent. “On the tent, you’ll see some loopholes. Slide the poles through these.’’ Kaysha took her time first to show them all exactly how to do this before pausing to ensure the class was doing the correct thing. “Feel free to raise your hand if you need help. Myself or Professor Marchand will surely help.’’ Then she went back to alternating between demonstrating and keeping a watchful eye on the proceedings.

“For the body of the tent, the poles are already in place so there’s no need to worry about that. What we now need to do is to pull the tent upwards by the body’s poles. Like so.’’ With minimal effort, Kay seized the front of the tent at the center and pulled skywards. It raised with her help. “All the poles should be held in place if they were secured in the right way. If not, you can simply work to secure them the right way. Raise your hand if you need help!’’ A beam was sent around at them before she admired her handiwork.

Were they all ready to move on? “We’re almost finished but now it’s time to secure the tent to the ground. Do you see those spiky things that accompanied the tent and poles? Those are used to wrap the sturdy rope around that are connected to the tent.’’ With these tents, the strings had already come pre- attached. “Take a spike, wrap the end of the rope around it then drive the spike into the ground. You can use a rock for that in this case.’’

Viola!

That was about it.

“And you’re done! You have ten minutes to finish up, seek all the help you need and what not. Professor Marchand will be soon taking over once more.’’

OOC: Thank you all for posting! I’ve read all the posts and your catching ups are noted Rhi will be moving on the class. I’m not sure of the time she'll do that because she has some RL stuff to take care of. But you will have 24 hours to complete the pitching <3

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺