View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 09:08 PM   #70 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: Noble :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermygirl View Post
"You heard me." Noble looked at Jessa, his face unmoving. He knew she probably saw it as a punishment, but really it was about helping her become a better potioneer. "And I didn't say you had." Well, he'd told her previously in class to chop things by hand. But then afterwards, after doing exactly as she was told, she always decided she knew better and went back to using magic even though he'd demonstrated otherwise. So he was taking decisive action.

"Next lesson, I don't want you using magic to prepare your ingredients. I know you can charm a knife to do your chopping and peeling, but I want you to refine your skills and handiwork." If she actually had any. Maybe that was why she always used magic, because her knife skills were next to non-existent. "You forget that potions is an art too. It's possible to be too clinical, too controlled. Using the wrong type of magic, even if just to chop an ingredient, can taint and ruin a whole potion." He knew. He'd done the experiments at university, re-run them again, and still been shocked at the results. And honestly, it was easy for him to lose the soul in class too, when the umpteenth cauldron exploded, and half the class somehow managed to forget which way the hands on a clock moved and how to count to ten whilst stirring. They needed constant reminders to stay focused.

"You're a sixth year NEWTs student. If you have any passion for potions, it's time you stop hiding behind that shield of magic. It'll do you no favours when it comes to getting the feel of a potion...when you need to ad lib because an ingredient is unavailable." Did she understand his thinking now?

All Jessa could do was stare, mouth slightly agape and thoughts racing as the man shed some light on his train of thinking. Where she'd been confused before, she was now confused and offended.

Using the wrong sort of magic? Taint her own potion? The insinuation that if she didn't chop things with her own hands she wouldn't know what to do in a pinch when it came to her potions. For what felt like several long minutes, all the Ravenclaw could do was stare and wonder what had brought on this...new decree.

Of course, he'd told her not to use magic before, but it was such an automatic action by now that she'd hardly noticed. The fact she wasn't using the "wrong" sort of magic and didn't end up with tainted potions gave her even less reason to listen to what had at the time been a silly suggestion but was now going to be a full on rule?

Back up for a second though. He thought she'd use the wrong kind of magic???? He thought she was capable of such a simple mistake? As if hours of her time wasn't dedicated to constant improvement--if only for the sake of having her experiments run smoothly. He thought.....he thought she wasn't capable of ad lib with potions? What did he think she did half the time she ran out and didn't want to ask permission to raid his storage space???

But she wouldn't win.

Enough confrontations with the man had taught her that so rather than protest, Jessa simply collected her things and headed from the class.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.