Thread: The Courtyard
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 04:31 AM   #83 (permalink)
Birchwoodmom

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Did she know about what happened in Charms class? No, actually. The headmistress knew the content they were studying, but that was all she was aware of. Had she known about the events that had transpired, she probably wouldn't have thought too much of it. Accidents were bound to happen in Charms.

She didn't linger on the suggestion of using Bluebell Flames. Emmalyn didn't seem very interested in that and stuck with her statement of the current state of the weather helping her keep focused. Mind you, she had broken the girl's focus by interrupting her studies.

"I don't think it'll be much of a meet up," Regina responded truthfully, even though she herself really didn't know what to expect. "Something probably got out of the barn and ran off, or maybe something is going on in the forest. The message said my presence was urgent."

With that said, the headmistress did have to leave. Not that she necessarily wanted to, but because she needed to. "I'll leave you to your studies now, Miss Walsh. Don't stay out too long though, alright? I'd had for you to catch a cold."
She shifted her weight from one foot to the other, starting to feel the cold air seep through her outerwear and down to her bones. She shivered a bit and rubbed her hands together for extra warmth. Maybe the Headmistress was right, it was a bit too cold to be studying outside for more than a little while.

Her interest in what was pulling Professor Hawthorne away was fading at the talk of things as mundane as a creature roaming from the barn. "Oh, well then I better not keep you." She nodded her head in agreement over not staying out too long. "I won't be out much longer. I think my fingers are protesting the cold a bit more than I let on." She placed her hands in her pockets. "Thanks for saying hi and I hope your meetup is uneventful."

She sat back down and gathered her things. A trip back to the Hufflepuff common room to sit by the fire was in order. If she was lucky, there would be a tray of cookies and hot chocolate sitting out when she arrived.