Thread: Spare Office
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 03:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
Second Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Text Cut: Zoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
The spare office that was located on the sixth floor was a bit of a trek from her office. Nevertheless, there were random items in one of the rooms attached to it used for storage that she wanted to retrieve for lesson purposes. Manually, of course, as there were plenty of enchantments placed on all of the doors there.

Soon enough her hand turned the handle of the door and the faint scent of pineapple hit her nostrils. It wasn't exactly a pleasant smell (lavender was her preference), but her thoughts about the smell, as well as the items she was there for, were set aside. The office wasn't empty.

"Oh, hello, Miss Kemp," she greeted the Hufflepuff, taking in the sight of the girl sitting on the floor cross-legged with some materials spread out. What was she up to in here by herself?

Maddie really didn't have that much more of her assignment left to do. There was just one major contributing factor keeping her from getting things done, and she took note of that in big, bold letters at the top of her parchment.

NEED MOTIVATION

She laughed silently to herself, and she might have even done something to get started on her assignment, had it not been for the sudden, surprise entrance of the headmistress. "Hello, Headmistress," she said. Then a thought came to her. "You're super good at sudden appearances, you know." The last time Maddie had been in a random room, which was just in the beginning of the school year, the headmistress had popped into that room, too.

She saw the woman's gaze turn to the materials spread out nearby. "Divination," she simply said. "We have a year-long assignment to do some foot readings. I've done..." She flipped through her pages as she counted her foot readings. "...one out of four. I'm working really hard on it, though. I'll be a fourth year next year, so I figure I should be really good at all this." She was pleasantly surprised at how well she'd done in Hawthorne's class, too.