View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 10:38 AM   #56 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Gaston laughed. He knew it was useless to argue with Rose; once she made up her mind about something, there was no changing it. He didn't think he was anything special, but he loved her all the more because she did. "Well, you have all the time in the world to convince me," he said, giving her a little kiss on the cheek.

His expression changed slightly at the mention of his father. He really wanted to believe he would be happy for them, but he had a nagging doubt. His father was never very expressive of his emotions. "He'll warm up to you; just give him some time," he assured her. Though exactly how much time it would take remained to be seen. "It's my mother you'll have to watch out for," he added with a halfhearted laugh. "She tends to... exaggerate; bores everyone to death bragging about me..."

Luckily, Professor Evremonde's question distracted him before his face could betray his emotions and worry Rose. "You mean, besides seeing the love of my life every day?" he said with a sidelong smile at Rose. He ran a hand through his dark hair, lost in thought for a moment. "Well, I suppose if I had to pick one thing, it would be having so many young minds to nurture." He hoped to teach his students something about kindness as well as charms.

Gaston stared blankly out the carriage window, trying to block out the memories of being thrown into the fountain. It was only Rose's squeeze of his hand that brought him back to the present... just in time to hear Professor Evremonde bragging about him. Merlin, he was almost as bad as his mother! He gave Rose's hand a small squeeze in return, but he stared at the ground to hide the blush rising to his cheeks. "I guess I might've overreacted," he said, recalling the day his professor mentioned. "He threw a little girl who was terrified of water in. She was so scared, and I couldn't stand to see her cry... so I sort of went off on him."

Andre couldn't help but overhear Gaston and Rosalyn's romantic words, and he beamed at the pair. He was so happy Gaston had found someone who saw all the good things in him that he never saw in himself! His smile only grew after hearing Gaston's answer to his question. He thought he would say something along those lines. Sweet Gaston, he had so much love for his students! He imagined him acting as an overprotective father figure to the children at Hogwarts, just as he had at Beaubatons. "I'm sure they're learning a lot from you," he said.

Andre vaguely noticed Rosalyn's eyes widening at the mention of the former tradition of throwing children into the Flamel fountain. "My sentiments exactly," he agreed. "We tried handing out punishments, but nothing stuck until..." His voice trailed off as he noticed Gaston's downcast expression, and he knew he must be be reminiscing about the years of bullying he'd suffered at the school. He gave his former student a reassuring smile that grew wider at Gaston's next words. "Ah, yes... you were so sweet with her!" he said. Turning to Rosalyn, he added, "He dried the poor child with a spell and gave her a hug. Wouldn't leave her side until she calmed down..." Not unlike what had happened that day long ago when he himself comforted a certain black-haired blue-eyed boy who'd been thrown into the fountain...

But he digressed. "You certainly gave Mr. Mondego the fright of his life that day!" he said to Gaston, laughing a little at the memory. "Detention every day for a week and such a tongue lashing - I never would've believed it of you if I hadn't seen for myself!"

Suddenly the carriage touched down in front of the school with a soft thump. "Here we are!" he said, opening the carriage doors for the guests. "There's lunch waiting for you in the dining hall. Follow me, please..."

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...