Thread: Games & Sports: Game Lounge
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 04:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Birchwoodmom

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post

"Thanks," Natalie replied as West complemented her on her shot. "By all means, ask your friend if he wishes to apply." Natalie stood back and let West focus on his turn at the pool table.

When West mentioned his work, Natalie felt sorry for him because she had some idea of what he was experiencing. "Unfortunately, paperwork is necessary at times. I worked in the Department of Mysteries last year but I found it not my sort of thing. One too many dangers. To be filing one moment and then nearly being sucked into a black hole the next was not ideal."
West approached the pool table with cue in hand. He lined up what he hoped would be a successful shot and hit the cue ball. He watched as a few unintended balls whirled around the table before coming to rest. "Well, that wasn't the best shot. Your turn."

"I guess I'm not as much of a desk job type of guy as I hoped I would be. Maybe I'll chat with my department head to see if there are any field assignments that need taken care of." That would be a nice change of pace and hopefully pull him out of his paperwork funk.

"The department of Mysteries sounds exciting. Although, being sucked into a black hole would be a bit extreme."