View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 09:43 AM   #24 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusblackliveson View Post
He chuckled, the farm life wasn’t well known even in the states. “The heat is the worst part. Farming is fun, but I think I enjoy it most because its time spent with my grandparents.” He looked out over the grounds. His family moved from Europe to the States before he was born, his grandparents had moved with them and started a life there. Now they weren’t there all the time like before he missed that. “I enjoy the unity it brings, I’m really close with my family so that’s what I miss.”

Nodding his head, Patrick listened to the fact that he had an uneventful summer. Sometimes uneventful was perfectly okay because that meant nothing could go wrong, most times. “Family time is the best time. Traveling is also a great way to spend the summer, how old is your daughter?” Patrick found himself invested in the conversation at hand far more than he thought he would be.
Gaston smiled as he listened to Patrick talk about farming. He'd often imagined himself packing up and leaving everything behind for a simpler life on the farm, just him, his wife, daughter, and lots of animals to keep them company - and his mother and father, too, if they could ever pry the latter away from his job! He doubted he'd be much use at farming, though, which was one of the main reasons he hadn't actually done it. "That sounds like a fun way to spend time with family," he said. The mention of Patrick's grandparents reminded him of his own childhood and many Sunday dinners at his grandparents' house... until he accidentally injured that child on the playground and they started treating him differently.

He was so lost in the memory that it took him a moment to register Patrick speaking. "It really is the best time," he said, nodding. "I just wish I could get in more family time than I do." It was hard sometimes not being with his wife and daughter, not to mention his parents so far away. It had been nearly a year since he'd seen them! Gaston immediately brightened at the mention of his daughter. "She'll be a year old in December," he replied, beaming. "Here's her picture, if you'd like to see..." He reached into his jacket pocket for a photograph of a smiling baby girl with blue eyes and unruly dark hair held back by a pink bow.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...