View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 02:01 AM   #126 (permalink)
Yourenodaisy

Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
E M Knight
Fifth Year
Hufflepuff Forever Interstellar Hitchhiker

Text Cut: Beth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist.Prime View Post
Beth honestly didn’t mind talking to this guy, he seemed nice…and maybe he was her age? That would have been a plus because really she wanted friends that were close to her age and not creepy. Some of the people she had seen in this town were creepy which really, she was going to tell Q everything about this…it was I N T E N S E to say the least.

Beth flipped through more of the albums around her occasionally looking up at the boy she was talking to. When Edmund (as she had just learned was his name) spoke about the music he leaned towards she couldn’t help but grin, softly, but grin none the less. ”I like those too, yeah…there are a lot of obscure wizard bands and all of them have weird names like Acromantula?...who’d name their band after a spider that’s nearly six feet tall when full grown?” she shrugged rolling her eyes for extra effect.

Oh he’d heard the song? ”oh cool – I know…I like old things well some old things I don’t like old people in the like-liking sense…that’s gross and wrong and creepy” oh merlin stop talking ”I also don’t like old gone by food that’s…disgusting” dear merlin please stop my mouth from moving? She took a moment and gave him a cool, calm, and collected smile. ”Kidding obviously except for about the food gone-by-food is disgusting and the scruge of the earth…but old music is great” she smiled softly at him when he asked about Hogwarts.

”yes it is!” she nodded at him and then she leaned closer over the display of albums, ”I seriously wonder why they named it Hogwarts…I mean it is in Hogsmeade but – why name a school after a warty hog? Warts aren’t cool they’re practically parasites” oh…Edmund, that was a cool name.

”oooooh that’s a colorful one!” she smiled at him, ”and I like the name, you’re name it’s cool…not the music, I don’t think I’ve ever heard it…I’ll have to give it a listen” with a pause she asked ”muggle synth pop? Right…were I mean are you from a muggle non-magical family? If so, congrats y’know on being magical” she grinned at him – he seemed nice. Maybe she'd even consider being friends with Synth-pop boy.

Ed found himself smiling, as he talked to Beth. She seemed nice, and it was good to talk about something that was normal. Or at least half way normal, until she started talking about giant spiders. That was both alarming and pretty awesome.“No way, do those things really exist?” This new weird world of magic was apparently a lot more than doing magic tricks. “And you know normal bands have weird names. After animals, there's what, that really old one the Eagles, and one the Beetles, right? And you know, I bet there is even a band named Ham Sandwich., or Mutton Chop.” People just did really weird things with band names.

The poor boy wasn't entirely sure what to say when the girl started babbling on about old things. It was getting a little uncomfortable, but he cracked another smile, and tilted his head towards where the shopkeep was standing. “You mean old people like him?” he said, thinking it'd make for a better joke if he was old old, like his grandpa, not just old. “I don't know, he might tell you about all sorts of old music he likes.”

He nodded along with her. Hogwarts, he really need to remember that. “It is a weird name, but I guess magic people name everything like that.” After all, they had already exhausted all the strange names they named bands. “Parasites? I thought they were just weird skin things people got.” They weren't ticks or anything.

“yeah,” he said looking down at it, studying the cover, taking her talking in. He didn't know what could be considered cool about his name. It was just a normal name after all. “Uh, thanks, I guess, and yeah, its really cool, its like, uhh,” Quick math here and he looked at it again. “Wow, over 70 years old. I can't believe this thing still exists.” He looked back up at her questioningly. “Muggle? Um, whats that? And ahh, yes, non-magical. I mean, no one in my family can do magic, so yeah. What about you?”

just as long as you don't know they're impossible

Yourenodaisy is offline   Reply With Quote