View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 05:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Birchwoodmom

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucki View Post
"So it is like... many books, and if you type it in then you can find the book you need?" the way she was understanding it was like her standing in the library and using accio to find the book that she needed. Accept a lot more condensed. It was actually pretty cool!

While Emmalyn tried to explain movies and TV shows, Shera let her eyes linger on the TV. "So this," she pointed at the computer screen, before pointing at the TV screen, "and this, are basically the same?"

Why was there a huge size difference then? These muggle contraptions didn't make sense. Movies longer, TV shows shorter but a longer period of time? Shera mused for a moment. "So a movie is like a novel? And a tv show is like a series of novellas? Except they are like plays?" she tried to confirm. Her confusion was still rampant though. "And all of the information is kept on these... circles?"

Because Shera had already forgotten the word that Emmalyn had used for them, while she was trying to wrap her head around the idea of TV shows and movies.

"Well there's Quidditch and Quodpot... Quodpot is more famous in America as far as I can tell. And there's also tournaments, including international ones that you can go to and watch. Many families go there and camp in enchanted tents," she explained, those were the special things that her family did together. "My family keeps a library of books, I'm pretty sure I'm not half way through it yet... then theres wizarding chess, exploding snap, gobstones, snitch snatcher..."

She wasn't sure what Emmalyn already knew or not, so she waited or her to request clarification on anything that was unfamiliar.

And she went on to her own question, picking up one of the coloured rectangles which had a 'pop' label on it. "What do these do? And what is 'pop'?"
Emmalyn listened to Shera explain what she had understood about the computer, TV shows, and movies. She was amazed by how quickly Shera as catching on considering she had never seen the items before. It also made them sound a bit silly having their definitions boiled down to simpler terms. Sure, they looked all flashy to her, a muggle born, but in reality, magic was so much cooler. "Yes, the shows and movies are on those little circle discs called DVDs." she was nodding as she spoke.

Then Shera began telling her about the amazing things her family did. Emmalyn wished she had a notebook to write what she was saying down so she could research what they all were later that evening. She was familiar with Quidditch, in fact, she was even trying out for her house team, but Quodpot, magical tents, wizarding chess, and more. "My goodness! There is so much I have never heard of that you just said." Her mind was whirling from the overload of new words. "What makes the tent magical? How does one play wizarding chess? Is it like non magical chess?" This was she was particularity interested in since that was the game that she and her mother played together.

"Oh, those, they are Ipods. They can hold thousands of songs all in one tiny device."
Emmalyn got very quiet for a moment. "I know the sign says to not take any of the items from the room, but do you think it would be okay to take one of the ipods, just for the night? Seeing all of this has made me rather homesick and my mums favorite song is on this one." She held up one of the pink ipods to show Shera. "I would bring it right back in the morning. I think it would help me sleep and maybe not miss home so much." She looked at the Ipod and considered what she was thinking. She was never one to break the rules and it was clearly stated that the items needed to stay in the room.