View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 01:50 AM   #28 (permalink)
Stefan
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DERP
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mackenzie Alistaire Mordaunt
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yoji Christopher Reed
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post

The sparkle in this boy's (Jace) eyes was not unnoticed, and it made Ragnild smile a little. She had to admire his enthusiasm! She almost laughed at what he said about the Japanese Ministry and Aurors but masked it with a cough just in time. "I'm sure the Japanese Ministry will always have some use for Aurors," she said.. What he said next did get a small laugh from her. "An admirable ambition, indeed!" She heard him say he preferred Osaka to Tokyo and nodded in approval of his reasoning. "Osaka is a fine school. I was a guest lecturer there several years ago." Granted, her area was astronomy, not curse-breaking. She had to think about the next question for a minute. "I know they have an in-field training program in Egypt, but I'm not sure about Greece." She handed him a pamphlet. "Here's some more information about the wizarding university of Osaka for you."
Jace was of course, proud of his home country. Most people who get to visit Japan almost always return with nothing but good memories despite experiencing some of its eccentric practices. He thought it wouldn't be much different for the wizarding folks, and so he just kept quiet nodding along as the professor spoke agreeing with what she had to say.

Jace was about to ask a follow-up question, however, he thought that the woman already had enough of his queries upon giving him a university pamphlet for his chosen school. The Ravenclaw dipped his head and received the paraphernalia with both hands, "Arigatou."

And as the woman moved on to answering the other students, Jace busied himself by opening the pamphlet and read its contents. He was thrilled to see the familiar Japanese characters printed on it, and read it with much enthusiasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Narrator View Post
Drip, drip, drip. Your keen ears separate a strange sound from the din of Job Fair conversation. A droplet of what appears to be deep red paint splashes onto the floor, then another and another. Where is it all coming from?

Your eyes gaze upward in the direction the drops came, and you're met with an eerie sight. The floating candles that light the Great Hall are dripping red paint. Suddenly they form the shape of a hawk, and a message appears on the ceiling:

EXPOSE THE INEQUALITY! END THE STRUGGLE!
With his hyperfocused mind enabled, Jace continued to read the pamphlet, taking mental notes here and there as he absent-mindedly walked around the area. With nothing else in mind but the pamphlet, the dripping sound was not heard-- before he could even say the word cursed, Jace stepped on a blob of red paint on the floor, slipped, and landed on his side, blinking in surprise. Now that the pamphlet in his hands was discarded upon landing on the cold floor, his eyes wandered to the other blobs of paint on the floor...

...and slowly up to the ceiling where he saw just in time, the formation of the bloodied candles into what the Daily Prophet called "ominous hawk" that he'd seen a few months ago in the dungeons with Matt. It can't be just any prank. Rather, was it something their former Head Girl, Kitty Valentine left for them as...a parting gift?

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.