View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 01:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Text Cut: Jace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Well, to be honest, that was a bit odd thinking that Skylar was a Quidditch player in Hogwarts. His older brother Jakub had been the star player of Mahoutokoro and ended up playing professionally almost instantly. His university education was nothing but a back up-- a far cry from what Jace wanted for himself. "Yes they do. Although he said, if he ended up in a major University, getting drafted would've been a lot easier." But that's not the point here, was it? Perhaps it was Jace dropping Skylar a hint to still aim for a good University whether or not she'll pursue to become a professional Quidditch player. "I'm sure they have all sorts of clubs, including Quidditch, just like what we have here in Hogwarts...although theirs would be more challenging?" University seemed harder 100 times anyway.

At this point, Jace's eyes were already sparkling due to the information he's hearing. Double majors were possible? How brilliant is that! He can take up two things at once, and get the chance to practice both in a few years time! "I do wonder though if the Japanese Ministry still need Aurors? I mean, Japan is pretty much crime free both in the muggle and wizarding world." he said shrugging, his mind drifting back to the place he calls home. "But I will consider taking it up nonetheless, especially if it's possible to have a degree in curse-breaking too." he said looking from Professor Gavin to Professor Ragnild. "I like the idea of breaking a curse, and then rounding up the person who did the crime." The idea was so grand it sent chills down his spine. "Osaka seems to be good choice so far. I like it better there than in Tokyo to be honest. Less busy and a bit cheaper to live in too." Jace continued, scratching his temple in thought. "Does the University in Osaka offer in-field training abroad? Like in Egypt? Or Greece?" Honestly, he did feel bad about leaving the UK soon, but he wanted to visit his second home during his university years if it will permit him, thus the question.

The sparkle in this boy's (Jace) eyes was not unnoticed, and it made Ragnild smile a little. She had to admire his enthusiasm! She almost laughed at what he said about the Japanese Ministry and Aurors but masked it with a cough just in time. "I'm sure the Japanese Ministry will always have some use for Aurors," she said.. What he said next did get a small laugh from her. "An admirable ambition, indeed!" She heard him say he preferred Osaka to Tokyo and nodded in approval of his reasoning. "Osaka is a fine school. I was a guest lecturer there several years ago." Granted, her area was astronomy, not curse-breaking. She had to think about the next question for a minute. "I know they have an in-field training program in Egypt, but I'm not sure about Greece." She handed him a pamphlet. "Here's some more information about the wizarding university of Osaka for you."

Text Cut: Ollie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Ollie was listening to every question made and answer given as they went back and forth between students and the professors on the other side of the table while his eyes scanned all of the fliers in front of him.

He didn't want to narrow it down so soon - he was only a fourth year after all - but he vehemently believed someone should study more in depth and work with what they loved and he loved Transfiguration. Hence he found himself collecting everything to do with the subject before he looked up as the professors asked if he wanted any help. "Um, sure." The Gryffindor said, looking lost for a second as he looked down at all of the information in the numerous brochures on the table. "I like Transfiguration, and might do a degree on it." He said, finally looking up at the two of them. "But I'm open for more ideas. I mean, is there anything else I can study that... you know, would have Transfiguration as the 'main thing'?" Apart from a regular Transfiguration degree, that was.

It seemed the boy who arrived earlier (Ollie) finally decided to speak up. Ragnild gave him a small friendly smile as she listened to what he had to say.
"Transfiguration is a great choice," she said. She'd considered it as a career path herself before she discovered her real passion was astronomy. She thought for a moment. "Well, there's Disguise and Camouflage; that field uses transfiguration. Or, if you like creatures, there's Animal Transfiguration - which is exactly what it sounds like." It was a little difficult trying to point him to a field of study when she didn't know which area of transfiguration interested him. "Transfiguration is a broad field of study. Is there a particular area that interests you?"

Text Cut: Maxton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterloo View Post
Max smiled shyly at the lady before looking at the pile of brochures that had been laid out on the table. He picked up one that looked it was for the London campus, rolled it up and tucked it neatly under his arm.

"Thank you. Good luck." Good luck? Why was he wishing them luck? Max turned on his heel and quickly scurried away, cursing his social anxiety as he went.

Ragnild returned the boy's (Maxton) smile and watched him take one of the brochures. "You're very welcome," she replied, but what he said next caught her slightly off guard. Why was he wishing her good luck? She supposed he probably meant to say goodbye but was just tongue-tied, but there wan't much time to think about it, as he was already leaving. She waved after him. "Alright. Goodbye, then."

Text Cut: Peter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolicious View Post
He was listening to the man (Gavin) answering Skylar's many questions when he feel someone brushing his finger. Cassie. He should know that it's her. "Hi" Grin. He planned to wait for her but when he saw people already flocked around the Wizarding University booth...

"I'm pretty sure they have culinary degree or something like that if you're interested." Hey. they could even sign up to the same University. But he's pretty sure Cassie already dead set with gymnastic.

Magical Sports Science & Management? That's sound like fun. "What about the application requirements? OWLs and NEWTs wise?" He took the handout from the Professor and read it through. Not many Universities offered that particular degree? Hmm... "How about Edinburgh? Do you have it there?" That's where the man came from right? "Or London?"

Ragnild listened to the exchange between her colleague and the boy (Peter) about Magical Sports Science and Management. Admittedly, her knowledge on the subject was limited. It wasn't a very popular major back in Scandanavia, and it wasn't even offered at the school she taught. The nearest university to hers that offered it was Stockholm. She did have some idea of the requiements, though... mostly because it somewhat coincided with her field. "You'll need an OWL of E or higher and NEWT of A or higher in Charms, Herbology, Potions, and Transfiguration," she said, "and an A or higher on the Astronomy OWL and NEWT - this is to help you with the physics aspect of your studies. It's also helpful, though not strictly required, to have an A or higher in Arithmancy." As for whether or not it was offered at Edinburgh or London, she was going to let Gavin answer that part.

Text Cut: Cassie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Cassie's main focus had been to keep Peter company while he went to the different booths and gathered any information he wanted. She hadn't even really considered asking about her own careers that she had in mind. Maybe he was right though. It couldn't at least hurt to ask. "Maybe. I'm more into the Pastry Arts aspect of it all though." If it involved making cookies, cupcakes, brownies or cakes she was all for it.

She smiled as the man told Peter about the Magical Sports Science and Management Field. That sounded...interesting. Giving his hand a squeeze she looked towards the women and smiled softly nodding her head. "I did. I'm a gymnast but I really enjoy baking and according to my friends and family I'm quite good at it."

Ragnild was relieved to learn she'd heard this girl (Cassie) correctly. Nice to know her hearing wasn't going after all! She smiled at her, but before she could say anything, she overheard the boy who'd asked about sports science and technology (Peter) mention culinary programs, and she distinctly heard the girl say something about pastry arts. She nodded. "Your friend is right," she said. "Most universities offer a culinary program, or if you're looking for something a bit more intensive, you might consider a school that specializes in culinary arts." She handed the girl a pamphlet for a wizarding culinary institute in London. "There's a program that would teach you to incorporate spells with pastry arts, if that's something that interests you. You could learn to make animal crackers that roar like a lion or trumpet like an elephant, doughnuts that change flavor mid-bite... the possibilities are endless."

Text Cut: Tala
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post

Tala lingered, watching as other students crowded in front of the booth asking questions and networking with the University representatives. She didn't mind waiting, though. Her patience could outlast the typical individual and she had tie on her hands. Surely she would have her turn soon. In the meantime, however, her eyes lingered back towards the other side of the Hall as she scanned the area to see if Zorion was around.

Instead of finding the Slytherin, Tala lost herself in thought. Her--

Her thoughts quickly interrupted by the University representatives at the booth. Her cheeks flushed pink in embarrassment, as she made momentary eye contact with both of them. "Hello," she returned the man's greeting, taking a few moments to recollect herself before she turned to the woman who had addressed her a few seconds earlier. "I have done some limited research," she admitted, "But the areas of study... Is there anything for architecture? And um, is it possible to choose multiple areas of study?" Her eyes moved from one adult to the other, unsure of where to land, until ultimately she decided upon a spot right between the two of them as a compromise.

Ragnild smiled at the girl (Tala) who was patiently waiting her turn to speak. She listened intently when she finally asked her questions, nodding in places. "Yes and yes," she replied. "You might enjoy Wizarding Building Design. It covers architecture, of course, but also integrates magic. You'd learn how to add spells to your designs for various effects, how to conceal buildings from pyring muggle eyes, how to design unplottable buildings, things like that." She paused a moment before answering the other question. "It's certainly possible, but it's a lot easier to manage when your areas of study have similar requirements. What areas did you have in mind?" Other than architecture, of course.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...