View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 01:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Stefan
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DERP
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mackenzie Alistaire Mordaunt
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yoji Christopher Reed
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Oh? Wait, there was professional Quidditch in Japan? How did she not know this?? She smiled at the older Ravenclaw, whom she recognized mostly because of being Ethan's dormmate and all. "Hmm, but I don't want to go to university to get onto a professional quidditch team. I would want to play on the university team. Do you know if the small college had a team then?"
Well, to be honest, that was a bit odd thinking that Skylar was a Quidditch player in Hogwarts. His older brother Jakub had been the star player of Mahoutokoro and ended up playing professionally almost instantly. His university education was nothing but a back up-- a far cry from what Jace wanted for himself. "Yes they do. Although he said, if he ended up in a major University, getting drafted would've been a lot easier." But that's not the point here, was it? Perhaps it was Jace dropping Skylar a hint to still aim for a good University whether or not she'll pursue to become a professional Quidditch player. "I'm sure they have all sorts of clubs, including Quidditch, just like what we have here in Hogwarts...although theirs would be more challenging?" University seemed harder 100 times anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post

Curse-breaking...and auror. Both admirable goals to strive for. "They would indeed," Gavin answered with a nod, grateful for the prep he gave himself whenever planning for these fairs. "Especially auror, seeing as they work with the Japanese Ministry much like Edinburgh does with the British Ministry to make sure that what's being taught is up to par with the expectations of the Law Enforcement departments their graduates would likely follow into."
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post

Ragnild could just hear her sister's voice in the back of her mind correcting her Japanese pronunciation, but luckily, it seemed to be good enough for this boy. She returned his smile, inclining her head in response to the bow. She listened intently to his story about his brother who attended a small Japanese college to prepare hi to play quidditch, nodding along in places. Then came another question.

She let her colleague answer first before adding, "Both Tokyo and Osaka have excellent auror programs. Tokyo's program is very fast-paced, while Osaka's offers a more individualized approach. As far as curse-breaking goes, Tokyo's program is particularly rigorous; they partner with the Japanese wizarding banks for in-field training." Then the subject of hybrid majors came up, and she nodded. "That's certainly possible. The auror and curse-breaking programs have similar requirements, so you could do a double major."
At this point, Jace's eyes were already sparkling due to the information he's hearing. Double majors were possible? How brilliant is that! He can take up two things at once, and get the chance to practice both in a few years time! "I do wonder though if the Japanese Ministry still need Aurors? I mean, Japan is pretty much crime free both in the muggle and wizarding world." he said shrugging, his mind drifting back to the place he calls home. "But I will consider taking it up nonetheless, especially if it's possible to have a degree in curse-breaking too." he said looking from Professor Gavin to Professor Ragnild. "I like the idea of breaking a curse, and then rounding up the person who did the crime." The idea was so grand it sent chills down his spine. "Osaka seems to be good choice so far. I like it better there than in Tokyo to be honest. Less busy and a bit cheaper to live in too." Jace continued, scratching his temple in thought. "Does the University in Osaka offer in-field training abroad? Like in Egypt? Or Greece?" Honestly, he did feel bad about leaving the UK soon, but he wanted to visit his second home during his university years if it will permit him, thus the question.

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.