Thread: Creative Arts
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 08:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
The next student that walked up was thankfully interested in design. And checking out the dresses, which were, in her opinion, some of her best work. "Yes, I did in fact. Do you like them?"

She had only dabbled in accessory making here and there, though nothing she felt confident enough in to sell. "What materials do you use?" Emmanuelle asked genuinely curious. It had to be hard to get materials inside Hogwarts, after all. "Well, what I always tell people is to hone your skills. Take a sewing class or go to a good design school, for instance. Understanding the fabrics and how they move when worn is also very important, as that will help inform your designs." Wait, there were pamphlets here...ah! She selected a few and held them out to the young Slytherin. "These are for some of the best design schools in the world, though most of them are in the States..."

A quick grimace was made at her booth mate as she yelled. Geez, there was no need for that since they were inside.

The next student to approach was curious about photography. A topic she admittedly didn't know much about, as usually any magazine to feature her designs took care of that themselves. But, she was here to help the young Hogwartians, as much as she could. "What kind of photography are you interested in doing?" There was a lot to chose from: fashion, wildlife, event, stock and probably tons more she was forgetting.
Fiyero considered the lady's question. He never thought he'd have to narrow down his passion for photography to just one type of subject. HE thought for a minute. He always liked animals, so maybe wildlife? Or... an idea just occurred to him. If he never made a professional quidditch team, taking pictures of quidditch was the next best thing!

"I was leaning toward event photography," he replied. "Or possible wildlife." Then his eyes fell to he stack of pamphlets. "Do any of these schools offer a photography program?"

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...