Thread: Aurors
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 03:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
Was anyone really surprised that the first booth that Ronan stopped at was the Auror one? Though he had plenty of other sources available to him (he knew a few of the French Aurors thanks to his mum), he wanted to know what being one here in Britain was like. Not that he was particularly set on doing his training in Britain.

He stood and listened as the two women answered Valkyrie, Matt and some other Slytherin whose name escaped him right then's questions, and then asked one of his own. "Are you required to know at least some basics of other departments in the MLE?" He knew that his mum required it of her aurors as a just in case of emergency thing and to bring in a spirit of understanding between the departments "Also, is a basic knowledge of curse-breaking required?" Just in case one runs into a cursed object.
"It's more common sense than a requirement." She quipped, turning to the next of them to come over to the Auror booth. "The boss man's never walked the office shoving us down the lift to go mingle but I don't reckon anyone can work for an organization and not at least have a basic idea of how the other departments function." That height of ignorance was borderline negligent if you asked her.

"A large part of being an Auror is constant vigilance. No one has to tell us to go learn about the others. It's more likely a formal complaint gets filed about Law Enforcement sticking their noses where they don't always belong."

Curse breaking was yet another rule that wasn't so hard and fast. Lex thought it over a moment, remembering the few basic classes on curse breaking they had at Hogwarts but outside of that.......

"Not necessarily. If you didn't know it before, chances are, you won't graduate the YATI program under that same predicament." Hardly. "It'll help if you're in a pinch and need to get something done right then and there but you won't be turned down if you start out not knowing it. Aurors on the job are another thing entirely. You'd be surprised how much you pick up on the job." Things that usually ended up being the difference between life and death.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.