Thread: The Great Lake
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 11:13 AM   #112 (permalink)
DragonBear
Formerly: Compootor
Ravenclaw

DMLE
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Raziel Khaine
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gidwyn Grimshaw
Law Enforcement
I'm dreaming with my eyes wide open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Bunnies! Rylee wanted a bunny! Rylee wanted anything that was cute and fluffy. Bunnies were most definitely that. The wide grin on her face faltered just slightly until Garreth finished speaking that is. "Really? Would you?! Can we try it now?!" Now would be the perfect time. Eeeee! Cue lots of wiggles. Huh? Slow in the head? Blinks. "Well that's okay.. it's still a bunny, right? It will hop around and be super cute and fluffy?"

Rylee beamed up at him. He was seriously going to give her a big head with all his praise. "Nah-uh! That's not possible... but... I'll try!" she giggled loudly. She would do her very best to learn as many spells as possible as well as try to execute them perfectly.

Progress was always a good thing. She nodded at his encouragement. As long as she was trying and she was. Now that he had moved the pieces closer together maybe she could get it. "Okay." Creating the spiral with her wand just like before she cast, "Reparo!" this time there was a clear quivering from the pieces of rocks before they flew back together to reform the large boulder. "I did it!" Ry cheered happily throwing her hands up in the air. "Did you see, Garry, did ya?" Giggles.
Such enthusiasm! It had been a while since Garreth encountered another student with as much desire to learn as he had. Now that he had, it made him wish even harder that this wasn't his final year at Hogwarts. But no matter. He could pass on what he knew and maybe when it was Rylee's turn to be the 7th-year, she could teach someone else something she learned from Garreth. The thought alone sent a warm feeling through his body that almost completely cleared away the dread he felt when he thought of having to leave. "Sure we can try it! You've had your Transfiguration groundwork in class, right?" He smiled down at Rylee, almost as excited to teach her as she was to learn. He did need to make sure that she had a grip on the very basics of transfiguration before teaching her something meant for third year students.

"Oh, it's more than possible!" he argued with a laugh. This time, he was sure she'd be able to pull of the mending charm. and when she made yet another attempt, and he heard the confidence in her voice, he was completely convinced. He'd wanted to start cheering before the spell even took effect, but decided to hold it back for a few seconds to keep from breaking Rylee's concentration.

"Wohoo!" the 7th-year whooped, throwing his arms up, unintentionally mimicking Rylee's own celebratory gesture. "You sure did! I knew you could do it!" he beamed at the 1st-year, almost a little bit too proud of his new student. "What an amazing performance!" he gestured enthusiastically at the stone with a laugh. "Just look at that rock! It's good as new! I'm so proud of you!"