Thread: Aurors
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 03:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokimoto View Post
Yea that was a lot... but Kye had been expecting that. She wrote some notes as Ms. Cambridge laid a few things out for her. She was pretty confident in DADA, but she would have to make sure she didn't start slacking in potions, like she'd prefer. Just kidding not really. Ah well. It was the motivation she needed! "I'm quite interested actually, yes. Three years of training sounds like it's a lot of work, but with the career in question I'm actually almost surprised that there's not even more... Well... Is there? I mean, if you pass as a YATI and become an auror, is there still other training available or are you on your own past that point? I mean, dark forces or whatever you want to call them can evolve over time, right?" How did they figure out new situations like that? Man, Aurors were so cool. That was quite a respectable position. She wondered how much action (and of what nature) Aurors got to see on a regular basis... Or did they not see very much? Well either way, if someone told you they were an Auror, you should be impressed.

She didn't think the three years sounded like enough. Well, she wasn't entirely wrong but "The three years are filled with rigorous training, the type most people wouldn't be able to endure let alone pass. Some barely scrape through, most drop out and find a regular day job after they realize what all it entails." Three years of all that was definitely enough.

"But like you said, the dark wizards won't stop at whatever level we graduated the YATI program with. They've got bigger, better things to do. It's on you to decide if you'll refine your training and keep getting better or die the first time you head out on a mission that involves more than patrolling the streets for petty crime." As the YATI were sometimes allowed to do...if they were lucky and someone felt like taking them out on patrol with them.

"It's really up to you, how much you learn and how much you wanna live but I don't mean you should be dead scared or anything. You've just gotta decide that you wanna be so good that you get the job done without anyone getting in your way." It sucked to be the YATI that graduated and felt that was the end of any training they would ever need. Those....those weren't the sort she took on missions with her and for good reason. Who needed dead weight?

Sure, she'd consider it if she needed live bait, but some of 'em couldn't even manage that. "There's still plenty of training available. Best advice would be to stay off any high horses and take them while you can." Admittedly, she liked trainings. They were entertaining, engaging, allowed for mistakes that wouldn't cost her kid a mother and with the right party they were bloody brilliant. ...the physical ones anyway.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.