Thread: The Great Lake
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 12:54 PM   #110 (permalink)
DragonBear
Formerly: Compootor
Ravenclaw

DMLE
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Raziel Khaine
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gidwyn Grimshaw
Law Enforcement
I'm dreaming with my eyes wide open

The smile on Garreth's face only grew as the effects of Lapifors dawned on Rylee. He gave her an enthusiastic nod as she repeated the incantation and struggled to hold back a chuckle at her onslaught of exclamations and questions. "It's a third year spell, that one, I'm afraid.. But I suppose I could teach it to you early." he winked, barely holding back his own excitement. "The bunnies don't turn back on their own, they're permanent until you transfigure them back, but they are a bit slow in the head." he gestured with a finger towards his temple. He remembered reading somewhere about the mental faculties of animals transfigured from objects, and about how they weren't exactly impressive, but in his mind, that just made them even cuter!

"Seeing your skills with your wand today, I'd say you'll probably out-skill me by next year anyway." he grinned. He didn't want Rylee to feel like she missed out by him not being there next year. Her enthusiasm for learning reassured him that she would know everything he knew by the time she was his age, so no worries there!

He gave a supportive nod as she attempted and re-attempted the mending charm. "Good, you're totally making progress!" he reassured her when she couldn't quite manage to repair the stone. He took swished and flicked his wand towards it once more and moved one of the pieces closer towards the center piece. "Maybe the spiral was just a bit too big. Maybe give it a try now?"