Thread: The Great Lake
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 02:58 PM   #109 (permalink)
Kolyander

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compootor View Post
Garreth couldn't help but smile. If he was completely honest with himself, he was rather pleased at his ability to summon laughter in Rylee. Was he a funny guy? Maybe. Or maybe he just found it way easier to talk to younger people. Students his own age were so intimidating. Brilliant and studious as he was, Garreth had never been able to shake the feeling that other students were as smart as he was without any of the social problems. "Lapifors." he spoke slowly and clearly to make sure she caught it. "A transfiguration spells that turns practically anything into a rabbit." he winked, knowing she would be a fan of that one.

"Yes." He answered almost immediately. "I think so." There wasn't really much to think about. Maybe it was silly, but if he had the chance, he would stay at Hogwarts forever. "I could be useful teaching first years fun charms." he smirked.

He watched her first attempt at a wide-angled Reparo and gave her a nod and a pat on the shoulder after it didn't quite work. "Don't worry, this one's hard to pull off. You need to visualize the pieces coming together. Try again!" the older boy encouraged her. His confidence in her was absolute and it was clear in the tone of his voice.
Once he got to know her better he would see that she was very easily excited. Lots of things made her giggle and she nearly always sported a smile on her little pale freckled face. This time when he gave the incantation again she made sure to listen more closely. "Lap-i-fors?" she repeated softly nodding slowly to herself. It sounded right. GASP! "Whoa?! Noway! Really?! When do I get to learn that one?! Do the bunnies last a really long time or so they turn back on their own?!" Could he teach her now?

Just knowing that he would actually stay if he could made her smile again. "Don't forget second years!" she giggled. Next year she would be a second year and she was sure that Garreth had a lot that he could teach her.

Nods. "Visualize. Got it." That's what she had been doing. Rylee held up her wand again and once more made created a large spiraling shape in the air before them, "Reparo!" Nothing. Again. This was definitely much harder than she had expected. There would be no giving up. Determination is what fueled this eleven year old. Sooner or later she would accomplish this even if it wasn't today. For now though she tried again and again...and again. All to no avail unless a slight quivering of the pieces of rock counted for much.

You are Bread!