View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 08:58 PM

Post Daniel Radcliffe comments on his support of Harry Potter costars' new projects, more

In a lengthy profile to promote his new movies Beast of Burden and Jungle, Daniel Radcliffe commented on his relationship with Harry Potter costars Rupert Grint and Emma Watson, to this day, as well as his thoughts on other alumni.

The star of the Harry Potter saga specifically pointed out the careers of costars Alfie Enoch (Dean Thomas), Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom), and Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) as those he looked most forward to follow in the coming years. Enoch arguably had the biggest mainstream success thanks to the hit ABC drama How to Get Away with Murder.

Quote:
Daniel Radcliffe: “It’s a tricky one. There is a common bond between me, Rupert [Grint] and Emma [Watson] that will never go away, and that’s lovely. We will always meet and be excited to see one another. But I would be lying to you if I said, ‘Yeah, we hang out all the time.”

“I hate saying that; I feel like there is a want for us to be best friends, but we are all off and busy and in far-flung corners of the world… but as I said, if we see each other we would be friendly and excited to see each other, we just aren’t in each other’s orbit anymore.”
On his other Harry Potter costars and his support of their careers:

Quote:
Daniel Radcliffe: “I’m rooting for everybody who was in Potter. The one that’s criminal is Alfie Enoch — he has done so brilliantly since Potter, yet I don’t think he had a line in 10 years on the entire franchise.”

“He was this great actor who was there for 10 years, never complained, delightful to have around, and you look back and think, ‘Shouldn’t we have used him a bit more?’” Alfie, Matt Lewis, obviously Rupert, and Tom, all those guys, I get really excited about seeing all their new projects.”
Jungle has already been released in theaters and on DVD/digital now, while Beast of Burden hits theaters and digital on February 23, 2018.